What Are Your Personal Goals for 2019?

What Are Your Personal Goals for 2019?

Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes

I am curious what people are thinking about for goals for 2019- are they financial? are they personal growth focused? are they multi-leveled? What are you doing to meet these goals to hold yourself accountable? How are you or do you keep track? 

17Reply
505 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
7y

My personal goal will be one of the most difficult to achieve. Slowing down and getting out of real estate investing.

Like many that have enough in life the drive to have more, or believe more is required,  is an addiction.

See this reply in the discussion

162 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2018 · 67 posts · 64 votes
    7y

    Great posted Matthew!  And thank you for the provocative message.  It’s easy to say to be more financially fit, physically fit, mentally fit etc.  But you’re right about what am I doing, or going to do to be intentional about my efforts.  One of the things I will incorporate is a personal board of directors.  To guide but also hold me accountable.  I definitely want to be intentional in my real estate investments and endeavors and strive to connect with like minded folks to push me along my journey.

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    My personal Goals for 2019 are (in no particular order):

    1. Acquire my first Rental Property

    2. Increase my network by 100 value add individuals

    3. Scale up my wholesaling

    4. Complete all of the BP podcasts.....(I'm like 1/3 of the way through all of them)

  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    7y

    My personal goal will be one of the most difficult to achieve. Slowing down and getting out of real estate investing.

    Like many that have enough in life the drive to have more, or believe more is required,  is an addiction.

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Greater Los Angeles Area · Member since 2015 · 399 posts · 261 votes
    7y

    My goals are the following and I write them out 10 times every morning to keep it front of mind.  The other thing I do is tell people about them so that I am held accountable.

    1. To purchase 3 existing businesses via creative financing and triple their bottoms lines.

    2. To syndicate 3 deals totaling to over 400 units

    3. To open up a Club Pilates franchise store in Huntington Beach, CA

    4. To have a rapidly growing REI podcast hosted by my fiance and I.

    5. To be happily married to my fiance.

  • Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes
    7y

    @Will Long- a personal board of directors? Tell me more about that. 

    @Kerry Noble Jr- to scale up your wholesaling business? Be more specific- are you already wholesaling? do you want to increase your business? 

    @Kyle Mitchell- great incorporating personal goals there, I always feel like that is an overlooked part of this game that it is important to add in the personal side to maintain a balance. Tell me more about this podcast, my goal in 2019 is really to create more through media in the REI world, and a podcast is one of those lines that I am interested in starting.

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Greater Los Angeles Area · Member since 2015 · 399 posts · 261 votes
    7y

    @Matthew Perry We just started sending out monthly newsletters 3 months ago and incorporate an interview format video in it.  I would like to expand that and create a podcast where my fiance (and business partner) and I interview other people in the field.  I am trying to think of ideas for the focus of the show.  I don't want it to be just another podcast which there are many out there now.  My goal is to have the idea and framework by January 1, then line up interviews with 20 guests and then launch the podcast by March or April 1.

  • Egg Harbor City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    My main goal is to try to wholesale at least one property a month. This is a new part of my journey. I have no prior experience in REI, but I do have some knowledge in sales. Right now, I am trying to suck up every last bit of knowledge that I can.

    I think one of the most important aspects of this business is doing great things for people and hopefully seeing returns in not only my bank account, but my network of partners and eventually friends. 

    There is a lot of foreclosure in my area and this could be a very viable opportunity for buyers sellers, and me (provided that I am able to do strategic deals). I am trying to learn all the ins and outs so that I can find a way to get the buyers and hopefully motivated sellers together.

    @Matthew Perry Thanks for asking such a great question. It really made me think of my goals and what I plan to achieve in the next year or so. 

  • Egg Harbor City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Will Long I told my friend that the other day. I need someone to hold me accountable. I think I might have to add that to my goal list. Thanks Will!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2018 · 67 posts · 64 votes
    7y

    @Tiffany Milan Absolutely!  I started working on that today.

  • Rental Property Investor · Baton Rouge · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 19 votes
    7y
    @Thomas S. Great post! Curious why you would leave REI? This always fascinates me.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y

    I want to either decide to get back up in the air or call it a day !!  

    and along with expanding our new home construction business.

    and put up my first website .. show casing our projects.

    Keep eating healthy and working out.. and enjoy the 8 grandkids. :)

    And finish raising the money for the Home we are going to give away to a first responder. 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y

    I want to sell $20 million in real estate volume.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    I want to sell $20 million in real estate volume.

    my wife did 13 mil so far this year.. and will end at 15 mil ..  so I am her biggest cheerleader ..   

    its all owner occ resi sales FYI  no investors allowed LOL

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    I want to sell $20 million in real estate volume.

    my wife did 13 mil so far this year.. and will end at 15 mil ..  so I am her biggest cheerleader ..   

    its all owner occ resi sales FYI  no investors allowed LOL

     Im pretty steady at $15 million per year. Maryland has only had the last 2 years 48, and 50 solo agenta crack $20 million, so Im going to push hard to make that jump from $15 to $20. I think Im going to have to bite the bullet and hire an assistant to get it done.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    I want to sell $20 million in real estate volume.

    my wife did 13 mil so far this year.. and will end at 15 mil ..  so I am her biggest cheerleader ..   

    its all owner occ resi sales FYI  no investors allowed LOL

     Im pretty steady at $15 million per year. Maryland has only had the last 2 years 48, and 50 solo agenta crack $20 million, so Im going to push hard to make that jump from $15 to $20. I think Im going to have to bite the bullet and hire an assistant to get it done.

    for sure my wife has a transaction coordinator she does not do her own paper work follow up.. trans coordinator for high volume agent is a must in my mind.. leaves her time to sell sell sell 

  • Rental Property Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    @Matthew Perry My goal for 2019 is to buy two BRRRR’s in Birmingham Alabama. SFR’s with an ARV of $85,000+ that will rent for $850+. Also, to tie the knot with my Fiancé. 2019 is going to be a big year.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Roy, UT · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    I hope to attain my CPA license by end of year 2019. I may be slightly shy of the experience requirement by the end of 2019, but I want to at least have all of the exams passed. As far as real estate goes, I hope to have done at least 1 rehab and acquire another rental in 2019.
  • Developer · Atlanta and Detroit · Member since 2018 · 601 posts · 821 votes
    7y

    My goal for 2019 is to continue growing capital and income streams.

    Travel to China, New Zealand..... First class all the way....LOL

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 30 votes
    7y

    My goal for 2019 is to get Bigger Pockets! 

    I'm hoping to get at least three Fix and Flips under my belt.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    2019 goals are to purchase 2 investment properties out of state, travel, and learn to dance salsa 

  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    Great thread! I need one more MF in my area and closed in 2019. 12-20 units is my sweet spot.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 354 votes
    7y
    @Matthew Perry 2019? Ha, I’m still hoping for a new multifamily to BRRRR in 2018...at lease aquire it that is. I’m targeting one specific seller who has had this property listed on MLS 3 times in the last 3 years with the price dropping each time. I learned there is some termite damage in the center unit and the owner is in his 70’s...so why wouldn’t he want to sell? Unfortunately he hasn’t responded to either of my two contacts yet (1st letter, 2nd Starbucks gift card with business card) but I’ll keep going. I have his phone number...thinking my next contact will be a cold call. At some point I’ll just send a contract. I’m still hustling this year!
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    7y

    @Josh Belgard

    "why you would leave REI?"

    Simple answer is that like every one else I want to retire. I need passive investments to achieve full retirement. I am not looking to reduce my work load I am looking to get rid of it. You can not ever accomplish that if you own brick and mortar. I have all the money I need now I want the freedom. 

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    7y

    Cut back to 2 naps a day.

    Buy 6 properties + 1031 2 into a 48+ unit OOS.

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Sell my 5 remaining turnkey rentals and go into 6 syndication deals for apartments, mobile home parks, and self storage.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.