What Are Your Personal Goals for 2019?

What Are Your Personal Goals for 2019?

Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes

I am curious what people are thinking about for goals for 2019- are they financial? are they personal growth focused? are they multi-leveled? What are you doing to meet these goals to hold yourself accountable? How are you or do you keep track? 

17Reply
568 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
7y

My personal goal will be one of the most difficult to achieve. Slowing down and getting out of real estate investing.

Like many that have enough in life the drive to have more, or believe more is required,  is an addiction.

See this reply in the discussion

162 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 129 posts · 163 votes
    7y
    @Matthew Perry I blew up my 2018 goal with just wanting 8 rental units. I’m now at 58 and cash flowing over 8K/month. Next stop is 200 units by 12/30/2019 and cash flow 20000$/month while offering 50 of those as affordable housing to homeless veterans. Nice affordable class B, not slums. Our brave military provides all of us freedom/security and thus REI opportunities to pursue our goals, but I’ve personally seen the cost our soldiers paid. Lost limbs, and sometimes minds and souls. Least I could do is provide them a roof and some basic amenities and maybe even a pool.
  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    7y

    Started in June 2016, with my target of buying one, headache free, Class A rental per year that cash flows (with minimal down payment). Learned it is a lot easier said than done finding these deals. 

    However, I was able to achieve it. My 3rd closes later this month. My rates currently range from 3.875% to 6.125%.

    For 2019, will be the first year I finally size up into multi-family. Initial target is a 10+ unit building.

  • Developer · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    My personal goal is I will share innovation ideation  with other and I can learn from them ever and ever

  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    7y
    @Mathew Perry

    @mathew Perry 



    The first goal is always health and fitness. I have had 7 knee surgeries but  I want to hit a full marathon. Second would expand the new construction side of things. Third most important is to help my wife. Who will be running for Chief or Assistant chief of her tribe? 4th to spend more time with family especially my parents. 5th Expand my garden and make it more functional. 5th to expand on my wife's non-profit kids running program or the kid's programs here on the reservation. 6th would be to add 5 more free and clear rentals. It's funny the older I get the simpler the goals become.

    Alex


    Originally posted by @Matthew Perry:

    I am curious what people are thinking about for goals for 2019- are they financial? are they personal growth focused? are they multi-leveled? What are you doing to meet these goals to hold yourself accountable? How are you or do you keep track? 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Matthew Perry correct im already  in wholesaling.......I want to scale up......lets say 2 deals per month. 

  • Perth Amboy, NJ · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    My goal is to wholesale 100 Properties and have more rental units. 

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 242 posts · 182 votes
    7y
    @Kyle Mitchell. Casual observation. That could be a 5 or 10 year list. In order to achieve #5 you may have to dial back #1 through #4.
  • Rental Property Investor · Beaver County Pa. · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Matthew Perry My goals were just mentioned to my wife yesterday. 1. 10X (Grant Caedone) 🙂 my wholesaling, 5-10 RENTALS IN CLASS B AREAS 2. Hire a mentor or coach 3. Relocate 4. Hire A Team of likeminded Investors!!! 2019 push the gas pedal! (So to speak)
  • Rental Property Investor · Depends on where my employer sends me · Member since 2018 · 171 posts · 142 votes
    7y
    @Matthew Perry Great question. My goals for 2019 are to get my EMT B certification finish training as a federal agent for DSS (I start training on Nov 26), house hack at my first assigned field office, but an existing Assisted Living/Memory care facility, and purchase 4 out of state rental properties. I am currently a trying to start on my goals a couple months early as I am negotiating for 2 quadplexes in Montgomery, AL. After reading the 10X rule by Grant Cardone, I feel like these goals are slightly out of reach but will also keep me motivated and continuing these goals. I should state that I break my goals up into quarters (got that from the 12 week year) so I set a goal to accomplish in 12 week (but one rental property, EMTB, etc). It gives me great joy to read some of your goals. Let’s all meet up around this time again at the end of March and discuss how we have progressed and what we can do to be more effective in achieving our goals. Wes
  • Gregory SchwartzBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Great thread, 

    1. Save 40-50% of my take-home pay, so I will have a good capital cushion for my transition out of my current job

    2. Earn my TX real estate license, so I can get a job that gives me a competitive advantage 

    3. Complete my first BRRR by refinancing the equity in my duplex, because BRRR is the coooolest

    4. Read, read, read 

  • Rental Property Investor · Victoria, TX · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 19 votes
    7y
    My goal would be 5 + commercial or more deals a year, and wholesale a residential property each month for the entire year. Also to aquire a few rental properties myself, and of course I have a few personal goals. To become more fit, and make it a priority, spend more time with family, and stop smoking.
  • Rental Property Investor · New Castle, DE · Member since 2016 · 376 posts · 158 votes
    7y

    In 2019, my personal goals are to be a more grounded person, spend more quality time with my kids, get more spiritually connected with my Lord and Savior, take more time to workout and travel! I just purchased my 1st buy and hold last month so I plan to pay down my car payment to reduce my DTI to afford another property in the next 1 - 2 years, then STACK ... STACK ... STACK!!! My financial increase is coming as the purchase of this property is just the beginning of something so very beautiful :)

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    7y

    My primary goal is to open a branch office in a neighboring town and expand my property management business. I hope to have 100 doors under management by the end of 2019.

    I also want to hire another employee in my main office so I can extract myself from the daily grind and focus on business development.

    Finally, I really want to get going on my videos! I have thousands of ideas and no time to create them.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    My personal Goals for 2019 are:

    1. Finish renovating the current unit I am living in.

    2. Flip sides of my duplex and continue the renovation process while AirBnB-ing my current unit. By doing so, I hope to increase cashflow and leverage the benefit/convenience of living next door to the STR.

    3. Purchase an additional 2-4 Unit Property

    4. Improve my networking by making more connections with fellow Bigger Pockets members, Real Estate Investors and contractors. 

  • Rental Property Investor · South shore, MA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    You should try reading "The One Thing"

    It really narrows these goals down like this:

    Whats the one thing id like to achieve in 2019? Buy Another property

    Whats the one thing I need to achieve this month, so I can achieve my 2019 goal? Find a bank who will refinance my duplex at 80% LTV.

    Whats the one thing I need to achieve this week, so I can achieve this months goal, so I can achieve my 2019 goal? Get the duplex rented.

    Whats the one thing I need to achieve today, so I can achieve this weeks goal, so I can achieve this months goal, so I can achieve my 2019 goal? Respond to every email inquiry, set up showings.

  • Investor · Asbury, NJ · Member since 2015 · 226 posts · 205 votes
    7y

    Professional goals: Purchase our first commercial or mixed-use property for long term buy and hold. Start renting out our vacation home.

    Personal goals: Spend quality time with 14 year old daughter, exercise regularly, continue to personalize and enjoy the beautiful home we bought this year, spend time at vacation home (when we are not renting it out!), try not to rage quit my day job lol

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Thomas S.:

    My personal goal will be one of the most difficult to achieve. Slowing down and getting out of real estate investing.

    Like many that have enough in life the drive to have more, or believe more is required,  is an addiction.

    One option, as you age, instead of having more is to give more. Giving is equally addictive and much more fulfilling. So no need to slow down, just shift focus.

  • Overland park, KS · Member since 2017 · 113 posts · 44 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Thomas S.:

    My personal goal will be one of the most difficult to achieve. Slowing down and getting out of real estate investing.

    Like many that have enough in life the drive to have more, or believe more is required,  is an addiction.

      Why are you trying to get out of real estate? 

  • Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 970 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I would like to hit $1.5 million in annual rents by next year. (halfway there now)
    Cashflow at least 30k/month
    Run a sub 3:00 marathon/sub 1:15 half marathon
    win some triathlons

    Gets some high powered bboy moves completed

    finish three to four really cool cosplays
    upgrade my Gallardo to a huracan or a 458!

    o I strayed pretty far from real estate lol..

  • Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    1. To flip 3 small apartment buildings with at least $300K margin.

    2. To buy and hold (BRRRR) 2 apartment buildings that are positive cash flowing.

    3. To generate $1,000,000 in revenue through flipping houses, apartment buildings, wholesaling.

    4. To hire and train an excellent office assistant.

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    7y

    My goals are:

    - Spend more time with my family

    - Add two more $200K houses or two duplex, which will max out my Freddie/Fannie loans 

    - Hit my numbers in my W2 job to get a nice bonus and bank more cash for rental properties

    - Focus on diet and exercise to lose some weight

    - Take three family vacations flying to the destinations

    - Expand my retro video game collection and overall improve my game room

    - Borrow @David Zheng Gallardo for a weekend after he upgrades.

  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Zheng:

    I would like to hit $1.5 million in annual rents by next year. (halfway there now)
    Cashflow at least 30k/month
    Run a sub 3:00 marathon/sub 1:15 half marathon
    win some triathlons

    Gets some high powered bboy moves completed

    finish three to four really cool cosplays
    upgrade my Gallardo to a huracan or a 458!

    o I strayed pretty far from real estate lol..

    Need to know more about this Gallardo -> Huracan. You selling the Gallardo? 

    Now I’m off RE...

  • Rental Property Investor · Upland, CA · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 9 votes
    7y
    The first goal that comes to mind for me is completing my bachelors degree in the Fall of 2019. I’m currently enrolled and I need to take 2 or more classes at a time to finish by then. Another goal would be to complete training and certification for Project Management. I’m already a member of PMI which is the certifying official. I need to find a good time to dedicate to the training and exam between my school onligations.
  • Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 970 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Aaron Hunt might keep it and wrap it in some super Anime stuff LOL

  • Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 380 posts · 244 votes
    7y

    Some goals but not all of them still want to work on them more.

    1. Grow my skinny legs, want to go to Miami with some tree trunks!!

    2. Build cash buyers list to 1000

    3. Teach myself SEO for wholesaling leads 

    Yes, that is in order of importance lol 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.