Best Books to Read When You're Just Starting?

Best Books to Read When You're Just Starting?

Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes

So I'm definitely the type of person who likes to be prepared and feel well-versed/knowledgable before I do most things. With that being said, I'm educating myself on REI first before making any big moves or decisions. In an effort to save money, I went to the library yesterday versus buying on Amazon & picked up the following books:

1. The Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing 2nd Edition - Gary W. Eldred

2. Rich Dad's Cash Flow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki

3. Rich Dad's Guide to Investing - Robert Kiyosaki

4. Investing in Real Estate - Gary W. Eldred

5. Trump University Real Estate 101 - Gary W. Eldred

I'd like to know if anyone found any of these valuable/are they a good use of my time? Also, if you can please recommend any other "must-reads", I'd love to know what those are. Note: I've already read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I'm a beginner so beginner-friendly recommendations are appreciated. Also open to personal development/motivational books as well, as I know having the right mindset is key.

Thanks for your help!

9Reply
183 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 15 votes
7y
@Jessyca Jones the millionaire real estate investor by GARY KELLER and the 10x rule by Grant Cardone!
See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Hamel, MN · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 48 votes
    7y

    If you're considering multifamily, then "Multi-family Millions" by Dave Lindahl is a FANTASTIC read, and really lays out the blueprint in multifamily investing in a very interesting way. 

    Good luck

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    @Marla J Albertie No problem!
  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Jessyca Jones Hi Jessica, Is reading your favorite format of learning or hands on? I personally learn best by doing and seeing. So I watch a lot of YouTube videos and talk to veterans in the field to build up knowledge as I go. I have probably read hundreds of books but I don’t always remember all the content. Femi
  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 107 posts · 129 votes
    7y
    @Jessyca Jones http://biggerpockets.com/books This is a list put together by @Brandon Turner which he references on his weekly webinars.
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y
    @Shaune L Clark II I’m currently reading one of Brandon Turner books now. Rental property investing. So far so good.
  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Jessyca Jones (Lord Of My Land) By Mr. Jay Morrison!
  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    Thank you to everyone for your suggestions!! You guys are awesome. 

    @Femi AKINWALE I do love reading, yes, but I'm also visual & would looooove to actually shadow and/or talk to someone. Reading can only take you so far lol, I'm hoping to actually connect with people in real life! :)

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Predmore:
    @Jessyca Jones http://biggerpockets.com/books This is a list put together by @Brandon Turner which he references on his weekly webinars.

     thanks!!

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @David Bailey:
    @Jessyca Jones (Lord Of My Land) By Mr. Jay Morrison!

     I went to a meetup recently where he was a guest! thanks!

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Monique Daley:
    @Shaune L Clark II I’m currently reading one of Brandon Turner books now. Rental property investing. So far so good.

    He must be a great writer his name keeps coming up! I do love listening to him on the podcast :) Thank you!

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Steven Eitreim:

    If you're considering multifamily, then "Multi-family Millions" by Dave Lindahl is a FANTASTIC read, and really lays out the blueprint in multifamily investing in a very interesting way. 

    Good luck

     I still need to pick a strategy lol but thank you so much!

  • Sally FairchildPro Member
    Investor · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    @Jessyca Jones. The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins, a wonderful

    book on investing but not

    Real estate.

    Building Wealth One House at A Time by John Schaub- a must read and then read it again

    Set for Life - Scott Trench

    The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Sally Fairchild:

    @Jessyca Jones. The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins, a wonderful

    book on investing but not

    Real estate.

    Building Wealth One House at A Time by John Schaub- a must read and then read it again

    Set for Life - Scott Trench

    The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach

    Thank you! :)

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Jessyca Jones

    Check out the following books:

    The millionaire next door by Thomas J Stanley and William D Danko

    What your CPA isn’t telling you 

    The Tax and Legal Pjaybook

    Both are from Mark Kohler

    These are about entity structure, tax savings and how to run your business.

    I loved Cashflow Quadrant - A must for any buy n hold investor.

    Good Luck.

  • Real Estate Broker · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 79 posts · 36 votes
    7y

    Here is a Book List To Start Your Investing Success (click the link & enjoy : )

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Derek Stalhut awesome, thank you! I should send this to my loved ones for Christmas gift ideas lol

  • Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Kenneth Garrett love the list, thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.