Out of state investing for a trucker

Out of state investing for a trucker

Real Estate Agent · Marietta, GA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP! I am a Trucker who lives in Marietta Ga but works in the Texas oil fields near San Antonio. I have been working here for about 6 months in order to increase my income, prove it (for an fha loan), save money, and repair my credit. I want to be ready for a multi family property when the deal presents itself. The plan seems to be working out so far!

About 2 years ago I had gotten into wholesaling. I closed my 1 and only deal. It took me about 7 months, $500 and, a partner who was very driven! I took my portion and ran to buy a truck! I wish I would have kept the momentum but I’ve learned my lesson. I would love to work on wholesaling and other exit strategies remotely from Texas. I guess my question is how to find a good partner for appointments and meetings with clients and other team members. We used a lot of tools to work remotely in the past. The only time I saw my partners in person was at the property.

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 266 posts · 182 votes
    7y

    @Carl Hall

    Welcome to BP!!! Glad to hear you are working towards the MFR space and sounds like you are headed in the right direction. To answer your question about where to finding a good partner for appointments/meetings, right here on BP is a great place as I have found many partners over the years and also your local REIA's are great. It really comes down to your target location and as you mentioned earlier, with technology nowadays it has become even easier. I have been doing some wholesaling, mostly in Middle GA where I invest and up in Lawrenceville where I stay, so I'm always looking for partners if interested just send me a PM. Best of Luck!!!

  • Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hey I don't have a ton of experience in real estate finding partners. It's probablu like most things though. If you are educated on the topic you will know if the potential partner is. If potential partner shows signs of deception early on they will do the same later. Pay attention when y things aren't serious. Are they wanting you to do everything for them? Are they trying to pressure you into something you think is a bad idea? Could you be wrong? 

    Also what do they bring that you don't? Are they good at sales, advertising? What can they do to prove that?

    Anyway good luck I'm in trucking real similar situation to you from sound of it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.