19 y/o Real Estate Agent Memphis,TN- Where do I start?

19 y/o Real Estate Agent Memphis,TN- Where do I start?

Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes

I’ve been studying Real Estate for around a year and decided to get my license before starting to invest. Any and All ideas or suggestions are welcome!

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
7y

@Angelo Anderson. I would find a real estate agent in Memphis who is doing what you want to do and buy them coffee. J would then offer to help them anyway you can.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    If you want to work as an agent focus on marketing, if you do not want to work as an agent then it may have been a little soon to get your license.

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Aaron K. Ok thanks! And yeah I want to be an agent but I went got the license because I figured it would help with investing. Is that not going to be helpful?

  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Angelo Anderson unless you are buying and or selling multiple properties per year the cost to maintain the license will likely exceed its benefits

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Aaron K. Oh ok that makes sense. Thank You!

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    @Angelo Anderson. I would find a real estate agent in Memphis who is doing what you want to do and buy them coffee. J would then offer to help them anyway you can.

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Caleb Heimsoth Didn’t think about that. That’s a great idea. I’ll get started on that Monday. I’m going to a local investor Meet Up tomorrow. Think that’s a good idea?

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Angelo Anderson:

    @Caleb Heimsoth Didn’t think about that. That’s a great idea. I’ll get started on that Monday. I’m going to a local investor Meet Up tomorrow. Think that’s a good idea?

    Sure it can definitely be a good idea.  I’m an investor in memphis (live in NC) that’s why I commented on this thread.  

    My advice would be to start finding and working with investor clients.  Most real estate agents don’t do that (less competition) and investors are repeat clients (easy business).  They also tend to be lessons picky then home owners. Find a deal with what they’re looking for and they’ll buy it consistently.

    Good luck

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    I like Starbucks !!!

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 435 posts · 300 votes
    7y

    #1 I would partner with a top agent in town and help him grow his/her business. I would learn everything I can, and add as much value as I could. 

    #2 I would read the book "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent" and do every single thing suggested to do in the book. Then I would read the book again every quarter and refine my process. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Curt Davis Lets connect so that i can get your contact information! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Sean Tagge Thanks for the information! And its funny that actually i recently started that book by Gary Keller. I haven't finished it yet but i will get it done soon!

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Also my apologies for being so late to respond to your comments everyone 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.