New to this from Omaha, NE, would love some advice!

New to this from Omaha, NE, would love some advice!

Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hello!

I'm new to all of this though I've read books on real estate for years. My family and I are not in a place to use our own money yet and currently rent our home. If you were in our situation where would you get started?

My goal this year is to find a BRRRR (or two if possible) in the Omaha, NE area then find a partner to help with funding. I would also like to get my family into a home using a 203k loan and eventually rent that out in a few years. Is this how you would start if you were me? I would love any and all advice! I'm motivated but having a hard time figuring out where to start.

Thanks,

Drew

0Reply
13 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Papillion, NE · Member since 2014 · 197 posts · 74 votes
    7y

    Welcome @Account Closed.  If I had the flexibility to do it all over again, I definitely would’ve started house hacking and using my equity to leverage funding for my growth.  With that said, it all depends on what you want and what interests you have.  If you want multi family, I would find a four plex with fha financing and grow from there. If single family is your path, than house hacking would be an ideal start.  A good foundation of podcasts, reading, and @Collin Schwartz’s meetup will make sure you’re prepared for your journey. Remember, everyone is different and there’s not a one size fits all journey. Learn, network, and enjoy!

  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks Matt! I really appreciate this advice! And thank you for the info about the meetups. I'm looking forward to attending one!

  • Real Estate Agent · Omaha, NE · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    Hey Drew, I actually think I can help you with both of your needs! I will shoot you a PM

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.