Best career for a future multifamily investor

Best career for a future multifamily investor

Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes

I'm currently a business major in college.

What do you guys think is the best career to get into if I would like to be a multifamily real estate investor? I was thinking an appraiser or property manager. Something else?

What do you guys think?

0Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Crane Missouri · Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    Either one can be beneficial, it's not a one and done job. You do not need to be a certified appraiser to see the value a home has or could have if updated, but the training will help. In the end I would recommend whatever you enjoy doing. Really sit down and determine what you want to do. If you think you might enjoy being a full time property manager try finding someone in your area who already is and interview them, shadow them and really get to know the job and see if that's something you want to do. Though to be honest you will more than likely become a jack of all trades when it comes to real estate with experience and time.     Broker, real estate agent, appraiser, property manager, maintenance, legal, accountanting, construction, financing, communications. There are many different aspects that touch on real estate. Think of one that is Recession proof. Good luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 253 posts · 178 votes
    7y

    Hey - wouldn't necessarily say that you need to have some career in multifamily before buying or raising money for a deal. Many have done it though education and partnering with experience operators. Don't let that train of thought hinder you from getting into the multifamily space. Educate yourself and align with someone experience and it can be done. 

  • Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Justin Larese That's some really great advice. Thank you.

  • Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Yannik C- V. I like your attitude! I definitely will do that. I just need some steady income first. I appreciate you chiming in.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.