Real Estate Consultant · Raleigh-Durham NC · Member since 2019 · 128 posts · 34 votes
Hey does anyone know what the city ordinances are on short term rentals in Greensboro NC? What is the general climate of the local government torwards short term rentals and do you see this attitude shifting?
Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2022 · 16 posts · 11 votes
2y
Yes they are legal. A new ordinance goes into place Jan 1, 2024. There will have to be 750 between units and owners will need to register them and display their registration in a prominent place in the property. Either the owner or the co-host will need to live locally in order to register. I live in Greensboro and own an STR in town. Hit me up if you want to chat. Here is the website with all the info: https://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/planning/learn-mor...
Contractor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
You'll for sure want to post this in a local forum for your area. Someone familiar with your city will respond, where as the Starting Out forum has a slim chance of catching the eye of the right person.
Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2022 · 16 posts · 11 votes
2y
Yes they are legal. A new ordinance goes into place Jan 1, 2024. There will have to be 750 between units and owners will need to register them and display their registration in a prominent place in the property. Either the owner or the co-host will need to live locally in order to register. I live in Greensboro and own an STR in town. Hit me up if you want to chat. Here is the website with all the info: https://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/planning/learn-mor...
I just received our permit approvals this week. You can register your STR's at the link @Carrie Foley provided and the current response time is ~2 weeks based on my submissions.
Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2022 · 16 posts · 11 votes
2y
@Ryan Richmond, I just registered a few days ago. The online payment feature was broken for a few weeks but is now functioning again. Good to hear it was just 2 weeks. :)
Are you registering a new place or one you've had running for a while? I have one of each.
@Carrie Foley I registered a place we've had running. I provided the 2023 booking history as evidence that is was in place prior to Jan 01.
The $1M individual insurance clause got me.. we had to update the day we filed. I thought about including our umbrella but didn't want it to cause confusion.