Toronto, ON · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 13 votes
Hello everyone, thank you in advance for taking the time to read and answer my question!
Just wondering, was there a specific book/lecture, real estate or not, that gave you a sense of direction in the field of real estate you became passionate and pursued?
Rental Property Investor · Lenexa, KS · Member since 2017 · 76 posts · 63 votes
7y
While not directly related to real estate, I like The Millionaire Next Door. I think it helps with the consumption mindset and tells the truth about the real wealth in this country. As you build wealth, I believe it's important to avoid the income creep lifestyle.
Piscataway New Jersey · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 11 votes
7y
@Jian Lin I just finished think and grow rich which is a mind blowing book. Some of the concepts are a little out there but the ideas are completely revolutionary. Another book that I just started, but is great so far is ‘the miracle morning’
Some books that have been suggested to me are books like ‘the tipping point’ and ‘traction’
What’s crazy is that throughout my high school years I fell out of love with reading. It’s when I stopped going to school and started reading self development books that I fell in love with it again.
Do you use audible? If not shoot me a PM if someone sends you a book you can accept the first one for free.
Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
7y
@Jian Lin My suggestion is find someone that is actually doing deals, and learn from them then DO. Sure there are a few books that may provide some incite, but NOTHING will replace actually being on the " street" learning and actually doing. I have seen many that read , read read, go to seminars to so called gurus, but never actually do a deal, just wasting time. I have never read any books on real estate investing. Learned, applied what I learned , and just did it and learned more as I continued.