Traveling investor with no job?

Traveling investor with no job?

Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 4 votes

So after 10 years in my profession my wife and our 8 kids (yes 8 kids) have decided to travel for a year or so in our very large RV.  With 200k in the bank (150 invest, 50 travel) we would like to move from just stock investing to RE.  I have lots of construction background and business experience in government but no actual RE experience other than the purchase, rehab, and sell of our current home. My question is with funding. Obviously financing a new home without a current employer would be more difficult than having one, but what are my options for financing without employment over the next year?  I'm in a position where I would rather be leveraged than spend it all in one place.  Opinions?  And thanks. 

0Reply
20 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Thanks for that @Lexi Teifke.  I dont know a lot about private lending so thanks for sharing.  I will reach out to you with questions as they come up if that is ok.  We are getting closer to pulling the trigger, but not quite there yet.  

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeff Wright if you have signifcant assets lenders will find a way. Connect with a savvy lender

  • Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I surely will start making that happen prior too.  It sounds like it wont be as hard as I thought. Still a bit more difficult but doable.  Any other avenues you have used when you needed some kind of strange financing? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 834 posts · 449 votes
    7y

    All of the above plus: look for partnership arrangements with people with money, narrow  down your investment area, find a mentor

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.