Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 41 votes
7y
@Sara Tabrizi I am a firm believer in multi-family real estate investing. So with $50k I would start by putting that into a solid 2-4 unit small multi family deal and as your investment grows overtime, gradually work your way up to larger multifamily deals such as a 12-24 unit. Continue to watch your investment grow and repeat the process with larger apartment complexes.
Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 41 votes
7y
@Sara Tabrizi I am a firm believer in multi-family real estate investing. So with $50k I would start by putting that into a solid 2-4 unit small multi family deal and as your investment grows overtime, gradually work your way up to larger multifamily deals such as a 12-24 unit. Continue to watch your investment grow and repeat the process with larger apartment complexes.
I would make that spread out as much as possible. Go the financing route, just make sure that the purchase you are making has enough cash flow to pay for your mortgage and gives you a good amount of return each month after all property expenses!
Multi-units are a great way to start, do your research and find a market that makes sense for your strategy!
I work with investors who want more cash flow, so their main goal is to invest in markets that have high rents, high rental demand, low taxes, and a good price to allow you a good amount of cash flow after all expenses are deducted.
Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 253 posts · 178 votes
7y
@Sara T. It depends on your own personal goals. Are you focussed on passive income or capital growth? If both... maybe use some for a downpayment on a rental, the other portion for a flip. Take flip profits into another rental. Re-invest your basis in another flip. Rinse and repeat. Start from your big picture and work backwards. Then you should find your route. Hope this helps!