What is the easiest way to find absentee owners?

What is the easiest way to find absentee owners?

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote

I have found properties from driving around & recording the addresses. My next step is to find out who is the owner of these properties. How should I go about this?

1Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 57 votes
7y

Hello @Kyle Jackson I am in Rochester NY and I can find the property owner's info through our County's Tax Assessment Website. If you have the address of the property, you should be able to find at lease the owners name and mailing address. 

If you are looking to find absentee owners in general, try Listsource. You can build your list based on zip code, property type, mortgage balance etc...

Good Luck!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 57 votes
    7y

    Hello @Kyle Jackson I am in Rochester NY and I can find the property owner's info through our County's Tax Assessment Website. If you have the address of the property, you should be able to find at lease the owners name and mailing address. 

    If you are looking to find absentee owners in general, try Listsource. You can build your list based on zip code, property type, mortgage balance etc...

    Good Luck!

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2015 · 499 posts · 169 votes
    7y

    @Shane W. Chapin is correct. Good advice. 

    If the property is in the city. You can go to the city’s website and find even more information.  C of Os, taxes, bedrooms, etc. if you get a deal under contract feel free to reach out to me. I’m buying. 

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 175 votes
    7y

    List source is pretty easy. Towns and the city I believe have lists too. Driving for dollars. Feel free to reach out. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.