0-10 units in 2 years...slow but steady

0-10 units in 2 years...slow but steady

Investor 路 Charlottesville, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 113 votes

Just closed on my 4th SFH and 10th unit overall yesterday and I am psyched. Those 4 along with a 6 plex with partners are things I never thought I would do but thanks to everyone here and BP in general...it has happened.

The first one was the most difficult but once you elevate your normal to having the confidence to purchasing properties everything changes. Now I am more than happy to just sign on the dotted line and figure things out as they come. Thanks to everyone and here is to many years of growth for all of us!!!

71Reply
199 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor 路 St. Petersburg, FL 路 Member since 2017 路 3k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
7y

@Jed Devine 5 properties in 2 years is slow?? Haha, I must be running at a snail's pace with 2 in 2 years 馃榿

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist 路 Riverside, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 6k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    7y

    10 units in 2 years is not slow that is in fact very fast, congrats on being able to pull it off.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 St. Petersburg, FL 路 Member since 2017 路 3k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine 5 properties in 2 years is slow?? Haha, I must be running at a snail's pace with 2 in 2 years 馃榿

  • Investor 路 Charlottesville, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 113 votes
    7y

    You are right, I guess I am should have included the 2 years it took to work up the nerve.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Puget Sound, WA 路 Member since 2019 路 59 posts 路 44 votes
    7y

    Great work, @Jed Devine! 

    I'm always curious: What was it that pushed you enough to buy the first one? That's the place where many are stuck and everyone seems to have a story. 

  • Real Estate Consultant 路 Milwaukee, WI 路 Member since 2018 路 30 posts 路 7 votes
    7y

    @jed devine - Well done! 

    I personally think that it's a wonderful outcome for only 2 years of work!

  • Member since 2018 路 16 posts 路 8 votes
    7y

    Thank you for your post! I'm currently looking to find my first multifamily deal around the DFW Texas area. Hoping to make a post like this in 2 years! Congratulations on your achievement!

  • Member since 2019 路 7 posts 路 1 vote
    7y

    Great work, Jed. 

    It is a good start. Keep going.

  • Investor 路 Charlottesville, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 113 votes
    7y

    @Matt J. I had a colleague who was extremely encouraging but in the end I just got fed up with myself, called my realtor who is out of state and said I am going to buy a house. All of my properties are out of state. I ran numbers on hundreds of properties and new that Even if I failed, it wouldn鈥檛 ruin me. I just wanted a base hit, not a homerun.

  • Investor 路 Charlottesville, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 113 votes
    7y

    And once I did the first one I had the second one under contract within two weeks.

  • Member since 2019 路 3 posts 路 0 votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine that's awesome! where did you invest in? 

  • Investor 路 Charlottesville, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 113 votes
    7y

    @Ken Cheng Kansas City MO, Richmond VA (local), and Pittsburgh.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Clifton, NJ 路 Member since 2016 路 43 posts 路 60 votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine 10 units is awesome ! Nothing better than the slow grind! As your paradigm shifts so will your world of opportunity! 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Puget Sound, WA 路 Member since 2019 路 59 posts 路 44 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jed Devine:

    @Ken Cheng Kansas City MO, Richmond VA (local), and Pittsburgh.

    I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the current conditions in KC. It's an interesting market.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Puget Sound, WA 路 Member since 2019 路 59 posts 路 44 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Hakeem Valles:

    @Jed Devine 10 units is awesome ! Nothing better than the slow grind! As your paradigm shifts so will your world of opportunity! 

     Couldn't have said it better! You determine your own reality. It really is that simple...although not necessarily easy.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2013 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine congrats! Any advice on investing OOS from your experience?

  • Investor 路 Charlottesville, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 113 votes
    7y

    @Brian Gerlach just find people to trust and set expectations. I didn鈥檛 try to do too much and took the deals I could find. For me it was to keep it simple.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Erie, PA 路 Member since 2018 路 6k+ posts 路 9k+ votes
    7y

    That鈥檚 wonderful ! I always say the biggest way to overcome fear is MASSIVE action .

  • Property Manager 路 Richmond, VA 路 Member since 2018 路 204 posts 路 297 votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine Good work. I'm in Richmond, VA. Next time you're around let's connect! I would like to hear how you got the 6 unit and what your plans for growth are since we are in the same market.

  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor 路 Shelton, WA 路 Member since 2017 路 6k+ posts 路 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine Way to go!! If you try to buy too much too soon you can get caught up and overpay! 

  • Member since 2019 路 3 posts 路 0 votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine  that鈥檚 awesome man! You inspire me to work hard! 

  • Baltimore, MD 路 Member since 2019 路 80 posts 路 47 votes
    7y

    Congratulations!

  • Baltimore, MD 路 Member since 2019 路 80 posts 路 47 votes
    7y

    This is a great accomplishment.  I can't wait to get my first rental.  Congratulations!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Canton, OH 路 Member since 2018 路 59 posts 路 77 votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine That鈥檚 awesome Jed! Are you willing to share any tips for finding contractors for out of state rehabs?

  • Investor 路 Charlottesville, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 34 posts 路 113 votes
    7y

    @Sheena R Roth the rockstars know rockstars idea is true. I found an awesome realtor who introduced me to her network who I then vetted. Also I have to give a huge shout out to @Aaron Howell who not only showed me how to do everything out of state, but also included me on one of his deals. Dude is a baller and the reason I hit 10.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Oreland, PA 路 Member since 2017 路 51 posts 路 32 votes
    7y

    @Jed Devine

    Congratulations, although I would hardly call your progress slow!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.