Investor · Tromsø, Norway (Europe) · Member since 2015 · 431 posts · 194 votes
Hey guys and gals of Biggerpockets,
I have a question for you that pertains to the deal section of one's own profile here on Biggerpockets. I've noticed and appreciate the new section where you can add deals you've done, so that you can show others what you've been doing.
My question is this: Can you list a deal if it's your primary residence? I have so far not listed any deals, but every time I've moved to a new home I've bought it as an investment and made money doing so. The very reason I've moved is because I've found a new great deal in a tight market. Ultimately, this is what will allow me to invest in larger multifamily deals in a couple of years.
Rental Property Investor · Batavia, IL · Member since 2018 · 452 posts · 672 votes
7y
@Ingrid J. Of course you could list them. There are all types of REI: short/long-term rental, live in flip, wholesaling, note investing, new construction etc. You are just investing in another one of those ways. Just because you are living in it doesn't mean it isn't being used as an investment as long as you're buying/selling smart.
Investor · Tromsø, Norway (Europe) · Member since 2015 · 431 posts · 194 votes
7y
@Scott Passman Thanks! I've been debating on whether or not to list the deals, but you're right. They are bought as investments and can safely be listed as deals.