Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Dan Morphy
Votes |
Starting PA portfolio

Dan Morphy
Posted Jun 7 2019, 10:10

After lurking for a long time I have decided to post. At 33 years old my wife and I have decided to look into building up a real estate portfolio to help supplement and possibly bring about sooner my retirement.

Just to be clear I am very happy in my career and am not looking to quit my job. I want to maximize my current skill set and investment opportunities. Initially we plan to purchase a rental and start there mostly likely a duplex. I have no plans to touch the cash flow, just going to continually reinvest until it is paid off, slowly working toward buying another

Eventually I know I'll try a flip if anything for diversification. I feel fortunate that the skills I have picked up over the last 10 years in my current career will overlap with what it takes to organize and schedule a flip.   I have no experience doing either but I am finding many common denominators between my career and how I analyze my investment picks for the stock market and the structure of a successful rental or flip.  

Not a very informative post but its a start! 

Loading replies...