Hello! I am from Vermont and here to learn and contribute!

Hello! I am from Vermont and here to learn and contribute!

Northfield, VT · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes

I have been looking at and analyzing properties in my area. I know which towns/neighborhoods are 'asleep' right now, yet soon to awaken (due to expanding employment  and entertainment opportunities). I am hoping to build up some savings and invest in a project or two within the next 12-24 months.

I currently work in document & database management at a health insurance company. I have learned a LOT about CRM and Database management  through this step in my career. I feel that the skills learned from this job are a blessing from God and a good stepping stone towards my dream of owning and managing properties someday. My grandparents and great-grandparents owned several properties in Montpelier, VT when I was a kid, and I would go with my mom to the carpet and tile store, the paint store, etc... to pick up supplies for each turn-over. Then we'd sit in the apartments and find some project to do to help mom or stay out of her way <g>. She was a perfectionist and always wanted to make sure tenants felt like whatever unit she was doing was a good place to call 'home'. 

Using my current skills, Marketing, database, customer service, writing etc... what could I do in my spare time to add value to other investors who are building their business? I could hand write your letters, stamp and mail them so they look inviting to read. I could make emails, check out neighborhoods in my area for people looking to invest here, etc... or help negotiate deals face to face.  I have lots of experience in face to face customer service and people look to me for help even though I don't "work there" at whatever place I happen to be shopping or visiting. Haha!  

I have managed events and things like that, I just don't know where to begin or which skills  could add value to those of you who are already investing. 

Thanks for any suggestions! 

1Reply
22 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · South Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 38 votes
    7y

    If your planning to be in the Burlington area some time feel free to text me 8022332354 to meet up and chat!

  • Real Estate Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Carmeta French  Welcome to BP Carmeta!   Small world if you're from Northfield, VT, I own a rental property there (although don't live there).  Also have properties in Plainfield and Burlington, to name a few places.

    Feel free to message me or post here if you have any specific questions I can help with.

    Thanks,

    - Tom

  • Northfield, VT · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Hi Tom! Sorry for the slow responses, I have been traveling to NY and ME for work. I Grew up in Northfield and have served central Vermont working for different companies in customer service and retail. I know a lot of people  and can help you with screening if you ever need a hand! 



    Originally posted by @Tom S.:

    @Carmeta French  Welcome to BP Carmeta!   Small world if you're from Northfield, VT, I own a rental property there (although don't live there).  Also have properties in Plainfield and Burlington, to name a few places.

    Feel free to message me or post here if you have any specific questions I can help with.

    Thanks,

    - Tom

  • Northfield, VT · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Hi Michael! Thanks for the welcoming response. I don't get up to Burlington often, but would love to get together sometime if there's a Meetup or something. 

    Originally posted by @Michael Dumont II:

    If your planning to be in the Burlington area some time feel free to text me 8022332354 to meet up and chat!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.