Expired Listings services/applications

5 Replies

Hello All, 

Does it make sense as a wholesaler or investor to get an application/service that finds expired listings? I know Real Estate Agents use similar services etc. 

I look forward to your feedback! 

I see no reason why not. Prototype it, track your metrics, and analyze if its worth implementing moving forward.

I reckon results will be heavily dependent upon one's market but the possibility of lead gen from such does appear plausible from a high-level overview. If it works, more power to ya! If it doesn't, you'll have a better understanding of how to tweak it the next time you want to test it out again (i.e. in a different market, cycle, etc.)

@Shaun J. i think the thing to take into consideration with expired listings is the fact that there is a reason the property didnt sell. In this market 90% of the time its because its priced incorrectly. If the seller isnt willing to budge on price and listing expired then they most likely wont be willing to give a significant enough discount for a wholesaler.

Thanks for the replies. Thinking outside the box on this, I think I will make a move towards a platform I watched demos on before. Almost the same money as Deal Machine when you factor in the mailer fees + membership fees etc 

Imo, it's times like these that there's no replacement for MLS access. Generating a relatively decent list can be generated rather quickly via scoping expired histories and marking those with a habitual track record of relisting. Not to mention, cross-referencing said listings with current listings. Meh. In any case, happy hunting!

Originally posted by @Khenkis K. :

Imo, it's times like these that there's no replacement for MLS access. Generating a relatively decent list can be generated rather quickly via scoping expired histories and marking those with a habitual track record of relisting. Not to mention, cross-referencing said listings with current listings. Meh. In any case, happy hunting!

You are right on that. I do have two agents send me tailored MLS Listings daily