Newbie Needs Help wholesaling

11 Replies

I just learned the skill of wholesaling.

Lately, I have been searching vacancies and code violation lists, once I find the property I can't get in contact with the potential seller. I'm finding myself spending a large amount of time looking for people and it's getting very discouraging because I feel like I am wasting time and there is an easier method. What are some tips?

Is there any tips for successful wholesaling?

Armani,

I started on a very small budget. What got me started was door hangars. They were cheap! I drove around my favorite areas and hung them on doors. Hope this helps. Feel free to drop me a message.

Originally posted by @Yousef Morshedian :

Armani, i am also new to wholesaling and trying to figure it out. where are you from?

I am from california, but now I am in MD. 

What about you ?

Originally posted by @Yvonne Williams :

Try and partner up with a realtor to get a pocket list of properties to your liking. 

So, I have a realtor currently. 

I haven't tried to do a deal with him yet, because I heard that newbies shouldnt do deals with realtors.

Also I heard that the real estate agents, have a different contract; Since I am not physically buying the home and have no proof of funds

I really have been running from the real estate agents lol.  The last thing I want to do is tie myself up in a contract and be stuck.

Have you worked with a agent? Is my logic accurate?

Can you give me more information about the subject ?

Originally posted by @Jason Izzi :

Armani,

I started on a very small budget. What got me started was door hangars. They were cheap! I drove around my favorite areas and hung them on doors. Hope this helps. Feel free to drop me a message.

I have never heard of those before, I have to look at it more closely, Have you worked with a real estate Agent?

@Armani Emon  

Yes, I work with a realtor now. However I have my contracts and proof of funds already set up. It’s all bout having knowledge, and a good relationship with that realtor. Your situation sounds a bit different, I would say it’s best to just make sure your set up on your end. 

When working with a realtor do you have to always have proof of funds before you can buy the house?

I have my own contracts, and Im pretty knowledgable so far. 

I am just learning about the realtor aspect.

Originally posted by @Jason Izzi :

I am an agent also

Hey again!

So, what I am doing right now is wholesaling 

I have a realtor that I want to work with and wanted to know if 

you could tell me more about buying a house from a realtor, and the process of assigning 

a realtor contract.

Some questions I have is 

1) Do I always need proof of funds when I say " Hey i would like to buy that house from you?"

or do I have a time period to close the deal. My problem is although I don't have the money right away, If my contract allows me a certain time period I can definitely get it.

2) Are you able to assign realtor contracts?

I really appreciate all of your help guys !