User Stats

Votes
Kristine Doctor
Votes |
Loan questions on First Real Estate Property Investment

Kristine Doctor
Posted Aug 5 2019, 15:40

Hello everyone,

First, I hope you are all having a great day! I am an aspiring real estate investor living in California where properties are so expensive. I've been reading books about real estate and learned the basic stuff especially getting started on how to get loans. The options I am currently looking at right now is to invest outside of California. I am willing to move if I can. I am planning to get a 4-plex property next year to house hack but I have few questions regarding the options I currently have in mind.

My plan in getting a 4-plex property is to get a FHA Loan with low downpayment (3.5%) and live in one of the units. My understanding is that you can get 3.5% Downpayment if you are a first time home buyer. My problem is I am not sure if I will be able to move right away. My Plan B, if I can't move is to get a conventional loan.

My question:

If I get a conventional loan using my name, I won't be able to leverage the FHA 3.5% Downpayment in the future (Pls correct me if I am wrong). So, if I get a Conventional Loan using an LLC, would still be able to get a FHA Loan with (3.5%) in the future since technically my first property is under an LLC?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...