Buying Student Rentals around A&M Commerce, TX 75428

Buying Student Rentals around A&M Commerce, TX 75428

Investor · Commerce, TX · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I'm looking to buy houses in Commerce TX to rent out per room to students who are attending A&M University Commerce. There is a high demand for such a commodity. I have been studying and self educating myself for years and am finally jumping into the game. I am currently shopping deals and finding a handful of possible good ones. 


I'd love to hear from some others who do something similar. I'm open to suggestions, direction, and recommendations. 


Anyone who might want to work together or can offer services that can help please feel free to contact me. 

I'm using the BP calculators to make sure the houses I'm considering are good, cash flowing deals. What else should I do to evaluate these deals? 

Is there anyone who would be willing to review some deals?

Is there any investors who would be interested in partnering up as the money side of these rentals?

I have found a very helpful realtor who understands what I'm looking to do. She has worked with others who have done the same.

I'll keep shopping and plan to be making offers starting this week on some very positive cash flowing deals. Any advise and assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!
Justin Harris



0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Greenville, TX · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Hi Justin, 

    We currently have a duplex in commerce (3/2; 2/1). We don't rent by the room mainly because we've had a hard time with property managers being willing to do that. It's normally roommates or couples so far. The vacancy rate has been higher than we anticipated but overall our duplex was a great deal. I've heard of other investors doing what you're wanting to. A couple have brought in modular homes and have them setup to rent by the room. I've heard it does really well, but I dont have direct experience. Please keep me posted - I'd love to hear how it goes! 

    Kathleen

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.