Beginner wanting to invest in real estate - books to read?

4 Replies

Create post

I recently sold a rental property that I had only because we lived in the house and couldn't sell it, it finally sold. However, I would like to start investing in real estate in the hopes to have a passive income in the future. I have no clue what type of real estate investing to get started with. Can you guys recommend any good books for self education or what is the best type to get started with? Thanks!

@ Lynn Anthony,  hello! I would listen to  the many podcast that Bigger Pockets have provided and listening to them will give you a idea of what area you would like to invest in. Also, the many different guess give good books to read. Happy Investing!

My advice is to read all RE and related (e.g. DIY, homebuiding) books that you can get your hands on.  I have yet to encounter a book that has no useful information.  Here's a low-cost way to acquire hundreds of books:

1.  Subscribe to Amazon's Kindle Unlimited 30-day free trial

2. Buy a 1-year Epubor Unlimited license.

3. Borrow as many Kindle books as you can and convert them to the EPUB or PDF format. 

4. Cancel the Kindle Unlimited membership. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here