Make RE Real Progeam w/Jemal King

Make RE Real Progeam w/Jemal King

Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes

Has anyone had experience with Jemal King’s Make Real Estate Real program? He is also known as the 9 to 5 Millionaire. He essentially did what David Greene did working in law enforcement and investing in RE. He is pretty popular on Instagram and seems to be blowing up. He developed an online course through Eric Thomas and Associates (who I am big fan of). He is offering lifetime membership for his training course for $1000. Thoughts?

1Reply
564 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 15 votes
6y

I've taken his course, and it's AWESOME! I did both, he offers one in-person course and an online course. The live course is cool because he brings his actual team to the sessions and at the end you get to walk around some of his current projects (in Chicago). The online course is cool because 1. you can replay the videos and 2. He gives a little bit different info than the live course. The online also includes testimonials and a credit repair portion.

Also, I reached out to his team and they actually responded! They set me up with a lawyer, agent, and hard money lender. Since I'm out of state and not looking to relocate (I live in California), I wasn't able to get the first time home owners loan. I'm currently looking for help (with funding) on my first project if anyone's interested.

But overall, I'd say his course is worth the money! And to be honest, it's a lot cheaper than other courses I've seen out there.

See this reply in the discussion

56 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Germaine Scott absolutely, MRER is THE place to go.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Keleisha Carter Take the course, you will not regret it. It’s one time payment for lifetime access. You also get access to the private FB group. Jemal also started the alumni association and we have biweekly zoom calls and access to off market deals etc.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Keleisha Carter I am currently researching and doing my due diligence in the Memphis, TN

    market. I am brand spanking new and have some ideas as to the best strategies to explore for cash flow income. Just wanted to touch base and communicate that I wish to expand my networking opportunities in the area.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Adrienne Wilkins

    So glad you posted this information. I’m very new and this will give me another local resource to investigate. I wonder if a hard money loan would work for this?

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    @Dee Trucker I won’t say that a hard money loan can’t work, but it’d be tricky and your profits will probably be really slim. Turnkey real estate is best for long term buy & hold, so you aren’t going to get the type of returns upfront that a hard money lender would want to see. You could theoretically just use hard money for the down payment, a conventional loan for the rest and have your tenant pay back the loan and mortgage, but your cash flow would probably be relatively nonexistent.

    I think hard money works best for investments with more upfront returns like flips, or for rental property that you source and improve yourself because then you’re guaranteed a higher appraisal. With turnkey property you aren’t going to get a high appraisal because the company has already done all of the improvements for you - you’re paying for convenience.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    @Craig Boudy Thanks for jumping back in to give your feedback on the program. I haven't paid for any REI knowledge so far outside of books, and I didn't want to spend $1K on general info that I can find online for free lol. But your emphatic feedback to everyone AND the fact that you've actually taken action is extremely helpful and insightful.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Adrienne Wilkins Thank you and I agree. What was most beneficial for me was access to the the entire team so I didn’t have to go hunting people down etc. It’s been a god send for me personally

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Adrienne WilkinsThank you for the insightful reply. Just looking for the most beneficial ways to make a little money stretch further. My strategy will be to buy and hold though. The Memphis market is a good bet for this. Thank you

  • Investor · Tampa · Member since 2018 · 289 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @Adrienne Wilkins That's great. I was looking into Turnkey properties. But decided to BRRRR instead. So right now I'm looking something that needs work. I will be doing this out of state but I also have a team in Memphis

    I’ve heard good things about reination as well, so I think you’re in good hands.

  • Investor · Tampa · Member since 2018 · 289 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @Dee Trucker Hi Dee, let’s stay connected and help each other

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Keleisha Carter... sounds great. It seems you are much further along than I, but hopefully I can offer something of value.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi guys I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and would like to know if I can do deals from South Africa? I am saving up to purchase the Make Real Estate Real course but want to be assured that I can do the deals from a different country. I won't be able to visit the USA. Thanks in advance. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    This is great. I'm looking to buy this course soon and am really happy to find this forum. Looking forward to learning more about your journeys and sharing mine! I currently work in RE in NY, but am looking to invest in NY and in the DMV area. 

  • New to Real Estate · Victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Michael Cleophas:

    Hi guys I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and would like to know if I can do deals from South Africa? I am saving up to purchase the Make Real Estate Real course but want to be assured that I can do the deals from a different country. I won't be able to visit the USA. Thanks in advance. 

    Yes, you will be able to Invest from another country. Jamal has put out videos confirming this with international investors and you can also invest without a SSN. He doesn't go into detail on how to set everything up, but I'm sure he'd explain if you messaged him on IG.

  • Rental Property Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Craig Boudy @Glenn Verley do you only get access to Jemal’s team if you live in the Chicago area? Also, are they available to anyone that signs up for the course? How does that work?

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Cameron Todd You do not have to live in Chicago to have access to the team. However, they are only useful if you plan to do business in Chicago. I am a long distance investor and I am doing my first project in Chicago.

    When you sign up for the program, you get access to the MRER private Facebook group and his team is on there. They all are very active and they will give you their contact information.

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y
    Hi! I'm a 1st-time homebuyer looking to purchase a multifamily. Do you think this course is worth it if my objective isn't to make real estate my main income? Of course, I'm also open to learning how to add on 1 or 2 additional properties, but I'm not sure if the entire course is appropriate for me to purchase or not.
  • Rental Property Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey Sarita. I would definitely recommend it. I finished the course and have learned a lot. If you sign up for the course Jemal allows you to access his entire team in Chicago. If you decide to invest in properties in the Chicago area you can use the same real estate brokers Jemal uses, his general contractors, project manager, etc.He also gives you access to his money lender who lends in all 50 states. His accountant as well as lawyers. The course teaches you A to Z on how to get started in the real estate game, as well as buying home to eventual turn into a rental if you choose to. But to really answer your question it all depends on your why. If learning the ins and outs of R.E. in simple terms is what your looking for I would definitely invest in the course. Hope this helps. 

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Craig Boudy Hi Craig! Wow, really appreciate your feedback.  I have been following ET and squad for some time now and was contemplating between purchasing JK's book or taking the course, or both. I also listen to podcast, love it. I am an investor in Texas. Managed to purchase in several cities and creating a nice rental portfolio down here. And now, I am really interested in going next level. Possibly out of state?  I have zero experience in going out of state. No resources. I see that you are in SC and took the dive into the Chicago market. Can you share what has been your experience thus far? Have you finished your first project there?  I read that MRER pretty much lays it out for you.  Have you traveled there?  Are you flipping or holding rentals?  How much did you profit?  Thanks in advance. I do have extended family there and might consider joining that market. Greatly appreciate you Craig. 

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Isaias Aranda Jr whats up bro? Yeah the MRER program lays it out for it straight forward, all you have to do is follow the blueprint. I am working on my first fix and flip with the program and going through Perdure Carter’s company called DreamSpots. Perdure is part of the MRER program and has a section in there on his own. When I was ready to jump in, I reached out to him on FB (through the private MRER group, their whole team is on there and very responsive). He asked what my goals were in real estate and had a good chat. Then he paired me with an agent who reached out and we talked more in depth.

    Long story short, we are finishing demo on a two-flat in a Chicago and we are looking at a minimum $50k profit for a fix and flip. I have traveled out to Chicago and met with our Broker/Project Manager.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Craig Boudy Very nice. So the MRER team also sells the property for you? MRER team will make a nice cut right there as well.  Interesting.  So in all transparency, how much out of pocket did you need to bring to the table in order to execute this deal?  Also, I saw in the thread that you closed on this fix-and-flip deal approximately 6-7 months ago. If I may ask, why is the renovation taking this long?  

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Isaias Aranda Jr our broker sells the house for us yes. She also manages the the flip to ensure it stays on track. So yes they going to take their cut, as they should since we are hands off long distance investors. The house from 7 months ago was a deal that del through and we backed out because of the owner. The house we are doing now we closed on Christmas Eve.

    How much money you need to put down depends on the deal and how much liquid cash you have. This is all broken down when you are paired with your broker. They go and find deals in your price range and then present all the numbers of the deal and you select which one you want to offer on. We offered on three or four houses total before we landed this home. We got outbid on a few.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Craig Boudy Roger that. I appreciate the feedback brother. I think I am ready to pull the trigger on this program. I have wasted more money on other things not nearly as beneficial or useful as this. Again, thanks for the insight. 

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Isaias Aranda Jr you are very welcome man. Once you join, you also have the option to join the MRER Alumni program where you have biweekly zoom calls. They give you access to off market deals, etc. Kemal is on there and people chime in. People set up JCs to get deals done and network.

  • Rental Property Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Craig Boudy hey Craig messaged you a few months back about the MRER program. Just wanted to say thank you for your insight. I completed the coarse and closing on my first property! I noticed you said your using Perdure Carter. If we are part of the MRER do we qualify for his “flipping with a purpose” benefits? Or is that only for people that sign up for his program? Also if you don’t mind have you worked with TADD reality since taking the course? If so, have you noticed a difference in Perdures office vs. TADD? Once again thanks for your helpful insight.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.