Make RE Real Progeam w/Jemal King

Make RE Real Progeam w/Jemal King

Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes

Has anyone had experience with Jemal King’s Make Real Estate Real program? He is also known as the 9 to 5 Millionaire. He essentially did what David Greene did working in law enforcement and investing in RE. He is pretty popular on Instagram and seems to be blowing up. He developed an online course through Eric Thomas and Associates (who I am big fan of). He is offering lifetime membership for his training course for $1000. Thoughts?

1Reply
565 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 15 votes
6y

I've taken his course, and it's AWESOME! I did both, he offers one in-person course and an online course. The live course is cool because he brings his actual team to the sessions and at the end you get to walk around some of his current projects (in Chicago). The online course is cool because 1. you can replay the videos and 2. He gives a little bit different info than the live course. The online also includes testimonials and a credit repair portion.

Also, I reached out to his team and they actually responded! They set me up with a lawyer, agent, and hard money lender. Since I'm out of state and not looking to relocate (I live in California), I wasn't able to get the first time home owners loan. I'm currently looking for help (with funding) on my first project if anyone's interested.

But overall, I'd say his course is worth the money! And to be honest, it's a lot cheaper than other courses I've seen out there.

See this reply in the discussion

56 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    I heard about him several years ago on a health show podcast.  The host is friends with Eric Thomas.  I'm really considering taking the course.  I follow him and have watched most of his videos and listened to their podcasts.

  • New to Real Estate · Victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    I've taken his course, and it's AWESOME! I did both, he offers one in-person course and an online course. The live course is cool because he brings his actual team to the sessions and at the end you get to walk around some of his current projects (in Chicago). The online course is cool because 1. you can replay the videos and 2. He gives a little bit different info than the live course. The online also includes testimonials and a credit repair portion.

    Also, I reached out to his team and they actually responded! They set me up with a lawyer, agent, and hard money lender. Since I'm out of state and not looking to relocate (I live in California), I wasn't able to get the first time home owners loan. I'm currently looking for help (with funding) on my first project if anyone's interested.

    But overall, I'd say his course is worth the money! And to be honest, it's a lot cheaper than other courses I've seen out there.

    • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2026 · 1 post · 0 votes
      1mo
      Quote from @Glenn Verley:

      I've taken his course, and it's AWESOME! I did both, he offers one in-person course and an online course. The live course is cool because he brings his actual team to the sessions and at the end you get to walk around some of his current projects (in Chicago). The online course is cool because 1. you can replay the videos and 2. He gives a little bit different info than the live course. The online also includes testimonials and a credit repair portion.

      Also, I reached out to his team and they actually responded! They set me up with a lawyer, agent, and hard money lender. Since I'm out of state and not looking to relocate (I live in California), I wasn't able to get the first time home owners loan. I'm currently looking for help (with funding) on my first project if anyone's interested.

      But overall, I'd say his course is worth the money! And to be honest, it's a lot cheaper than other courses I've seen out there.


      Hi, I know I'm extremely late to the conversation. I’m a complete beginner and I'm planning on getting started with Jemal King’s Make Real Estate Real. I'm curious about how the program was for you and what you were able to learn from it. Feel free to share any tips and information thank you.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y
    @GlennVerley That is awesome bro! How does he compare to the information BP provides etc? I used to live in CA and have temporarily moved to S.C. for the next few years for work. I am very much considering taking his course! Any info is greatly appreciated!
  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Glenn Verley:

    I've taken his course, and it's AWESOME! I did both, he offers one in-person course and an online course. The live course is cool because he brings his actual team to the sessions and at the end you get to walk around some of his current projects (in Chicago). The online course is cool because 1. you can replay the videos and 2. He gives a little bit different info than the live course. The online also includes testimonials and a credit repair portion.

    Also, I reached out to his team and they actually responded! They set me up with a lawyer, agent, and hard money lender. Since I'm out of state and not looking to relocate (I live in California), I wasn't able to get the first time home owners loan. I'm currently looking for help (with funding) on my first project if anyone's interested.

    But overall, I'd say his course is worth the money! And to be honest, it's a lot cheaper than other courses I've seen out there.

     

    That is awesome bro! How does he compare to the information BP provides etc? I used to live in CA and have temporarily moved to S.C. for the next few years for work. I am very much considering taking his course! Any info is greatly appreciated!

  • New to Real Estate · Victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    To be honest @Craig Boudy, the information is the same as Bigger Pockets. Except you won't get lost going down a rabbit hole, everything is simple and actionable. As they say, "nothing is new under the sun" and I've found that saying applies even more in real estate. However, what his course DID do was introduce me to his personal team. And they (his team) are actually open and willing to help you get started in order to accomplish your goals. There's truly no "catch". No up-sale to meet his team or do business with them. No up-sale to purchase another of his courses. No up-sale for a meet and greet luncheon. No up-sale for anything.  

    He's totally open. He gives us access to everybody from his agent to his contractor to his accountant. He even took us to the exact Home Depot he uses.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Glenn Verley:

    To be honest @Craig Boudy, the information is the same as Bigger Pockets. Except you won't get lost going down a rabbit hole, everything is simple and actionable. As they say, "nothing is new under the sun" and I've found that saying applies even more in real estate. However, what his course DID do was introduce me to his personal team. And they (his team) are actually open and willing to help you get started in order to accomplish your goals. There's truly no "catch". No up-sale to meet his team or do business with them. No up-sale to purchase another of his courses. No up-sale for a meet and greet luncheon. No up-sale for anything.  

    He's totally open. He gives us access to everybody from his agent to his contractor to his accountant. He even took us to the exact Home Depot he uses.

     I appreciate the response bro. Another question, if I were to just do the online course, I see that you get lifetime access to the content. Does that also mean that you get lifetime access to his team as well? Does his team work with you only if you invest in Chicago or will they assist you in other states? 

    What kind of deals are you interested in investing in? If you want to, you can send me a private message to communicate further.

  • Specialist · Gallatin, TN · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Craig Boudy

    Hi Craig,

    I am debating on taking the course myself. Did you ever try it out?

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Brandon Sanders

    I am in the middle of taking it right now and the information, along with the PDF cheat sheets and information is so valuable and easy to follow along. I get overwhelmed by reading the long books and have found that the videos are packed with information. They are giving the valuable information without the BS fluff you have in books. So far, I recommend it and I got the course for the special price during a sale too. Lifetime access.

  • Specialist · Gallatin, TN · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Craig Boudy

    O wow! That sounds amazing. I have found very little feedback online so I really appreciate your take on it. I think I am going to pull the trigger on it tomorrow. I just wanted to get some honest feedback first.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Brandon Sanders did you happen to buy the online course? how is it? are you satisfied with the content given the $997 price tag? Ive been wanting to buy this course for over 6mo, any feedback would help! 

  • New to Real Estate · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thanks for this discussion. I am in the process of taking the course and came here for some assurance. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    @Marrsail Bailey how has the course been so far. Like you I have been interested in taking the course. Been back and forth with him or Doug Depte

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hello Everyone,

    I have taken the online course and just as Glenn Verley stated it is great! You get access to the whole team...attorney, funding, broker, Project managers, General Contractor's..etc. I purchased my LLC, received funding, now working with the broker/realtor's office to find a property in Illinois. Things are tightening up a little right now, but there are still deals available depending on your cash and credit.

    Jemal's team only works in Chicago, in which they have a great system. Mark the Funder will fund in all 50 states. 

  • New to Real Estate · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    I like the course, Jemal did a great job at putting all the various information into one spot... I think he naturally has an optimistic point of view when it comes to real estate and forcing equity into distressed properties. But overall, I don't regret it taking the course. As of now I am in the process of gaining capital and doing more research but this is the greatest resource I have as of now... 

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi everyone.  I want to learn as much as I can about real estate investing, especially apartments and was curious about where and how to start.

     I want to learn:

    1. How to invest with little to no funds

    2. How to go about the process.

    I’ve heard of the Jemal King’s “Make Real Estate Real” course and wonder if it would be for someone like myself, or people with money to start.

    Would anyone have any suggestions?


    Thanks.



  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hello Germaine,

    Yes, MRER would be a great place to start along with checking out all the forums here on bigger pockets. Both speaks and teaches about wholesaling being possible when starting with little or no funds! Also I would suggest looking for Real Estate Investment Groups in your area to gain more knowledge and hands on experience... I hope this helps!

  • New to Real Estate · Victorville, CA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Hi @Germaine Scott,

    Like Tony said, I would also recommend MRER. I love the forums here, but there is so much info that it can be a bit overwhelming at times. My recommendation to get started with no/low money down would either be to wholesale or to get a group of investors and partner up to fund a deal. The cool thing about MRER is the community of like minded investors.

    When I started, I didn't have that much money. So I asked around in the FB group and now I have 2 partners and we are in the process of getting funding with Mark Buford. That's another great thing about the course; Jemal GIVES you access to his team and they have always either answered my call or got back to me afterwards.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    Hi Tony - did you ever close on a property or are you still looking? I’m interested in this program more so for access to the team and lower priced properties. I’m currently in the process of closing on a single family with a turnkey provider in Memphis and I’m looking to see how the MRER process compares to that. 

    Originally posted by @Tony Hill:

    Hello Everyone,

    I have taken the online course and just as Glenn Verley stated it is great! You get access to the whole team...attorney, funding, broker, Project managers, General Contractor's..etc. I purchased my LLC, received funding, now working with the broker/realtor's office to find a property in Illinois. Things are tightening up a little right now, but there are still deals available depending on your cash and credit.

    Jemal's team only works in Chicago, in which they have a great system. Mark the Funder will fund in all 50 states. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Adrienne Wilkins

    Hello Adrienne,

    I just had my offer accepted today and our next step is to send the GC over tomorrow to get an estimate for rehab.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    @Tony Hill Nice! Congratulations - I’d be very interested in learning more about how everything goes once you wrap up.

  • Investor · Tampa · Member since 2018 · 289 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    I Love this thread. I have been contemplating about taking that course as well. I started learning about real estate almost 2 years now, but have been wondering if this course will help @Adrienne Wilkins let me know how this goes and it is helping you in Memphis because that is where I want to invest in as well 

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    @Keleisha Carter If you’re looking to invest in Memphis I’d say checkout reination.com - they’re a turnkey company so they buy the house, rehab it, place tenants, and handle property management- they sell the properties to investors and all you do is collect the check (there is a fee for the services of course). They require a 20-25% down payment though. I’m closing on my first property with them tomorrow actually.

    At a lower price point I’ve also looked into turnkeyinvestproperties.com - same setup but their homes are cheaper ($70-80K). Their inventory is low right now so this may be a better place to start if you want to jump in at a lower price point and you want to take your time picking a property.

    I’m not local to Memphis and I actually traveled there to meet the team and to see the property - every went great.

    Hope this helps!

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Robert John Yturralde I took the course and it is awesome bro. Yup, $997 for lifetime access. I am about to close on my first flip in a few weeks in Chicago. The layout is simple, just follow the plan step by step.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Andre Dandridge Course was worth every single penny brother. About to close on my first flip!

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Tony Hill 100% The course is amazing bro. I’m about to close on my first fix and flip! Was scared as hell, but you gotta jumó. Just use the team that’s already in place

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.