Finding a RealEstate Investment Financial Adviser

Finding a RealEstate Investment Financial Adviser

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

How does one find a good Financial Advisor who specializes in RealEstate investment advice?

0Reply
11 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2010 · 350 posts · 222 votes
    6y

    It is incredibly hard to find one that specializes in real estate investments.

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    6y

    @Kenneth Kloster

    I recommend that you look for a Fee-only Financial advisor that charges a flat fee or by the hour. If you can't find someone local you should consider working with an advisor remotely. 

    A Fee-only financial advisor should be able to help you  create a financial plan that incorporates your real estate investments. 

    Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 212 posts · 149 votes
    6y

    Why do you need a real estate investment finance advisor?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Kenneth Kloster I was looking for a financial advisor who specializes in real estate too. I came to the conclusion that most financial advisors really do not specialize in real estate. They specialize usually in whatever products they sell, which does not include real estate. I think we're better off learning from experienced investors at our local real estate clubs, and of course reading books and listening to courses and self-educating through all the resources available to us these days.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thats what I’ve been finding to be the case. 
    I’ve only just started researching. I’m a photographer, so I’ve been renting my loft/studio to other photo/filmmakers for 25 years and doing VRBO. 
    It’s become so lucrative that I started renting extra lofts just for renting. 
    I’m now looking to work with a partner or partners to expand, but as a photographer, my time is limited.

    Where do you look to find local RealEstate clubs?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.