Non-responsive realtors in my area

Non-responsive realtors in my area

Rental Property Investor · Joplin, MO · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 3 votes

I hope i am posting in the correct area. There are several properties that could fit what I am looking for. The issue that I am running into is reaching out to Realtors in my area are unresponsive. I have called and emailed daily for the last 2 weeks, to several reality firms and none have returned my calls or emails. I know my goal is to become an agent in the near future, but in the mean time what should I do? I want to see the inside with a contractor to see the cost to repair the property.

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
6y

@Shane Womboldt I’ve found that the younger realtors / newer realtors are the most helpful. They obviously don’t have the same experience level as realtors who have built a large base of clients. But I’ve always appreciated how the newer realtors have more time for me that more established realtors don’t seem to have.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    What are you saying in the phone messages and emails?

  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 215 posts · 129 votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt

    Why not physically drive to a real estate office and ask to speak to an available agent?

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    Also, what set of criteria are you using when you decide which agents to call?

  • Rental Property Investor · Joplin, MO · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Joe Villeneuve I say that I am interested in seeing the property and would like a tour of the interior.

  • Rental Property Investor · Joplin, MO · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Joe Villeneuve I call the agent one the sign and/or the company on the sign

  • Rental Property Investor · Joplin, MO · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Mark H. Usually I am at work during the times they are open and cant get there in time. I have tried.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Shane Womboldt:

    @Joe Villeneuve I say that I am interested in seeing the property and would like a tour of the interior.

     How do you introduce yourself?

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Shane Womboldt:

    @Joe Villeneuve I call the agent one the sign and/or the company on the sign

     If you mean the "4Sale" sign, you're going to be spinning your wheels a lot.

    Go to Zillow, and look for 4Sales, look at the history. What you're looking for are listings that include rents under the list price. This property most likely is owned by a REI, and that means that the REA is willing to work with REI. You don't have to have any interest in that property. Just contact the agent.

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    why do you think you even need a realtor ? I wouldn’t waste my time with ones that can’t even call you back

  • Lender · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 97 votes
    6y

    I would even go as far as to say that you're a real estate investor in the local area and would like to build a relationship with a realtor or brokerage to help find my deals. 

  • Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt I’ve found that the younger realtors / newer realtors are the most helpful. They obviously don’t have the same experience level as realtors who have built a large base of clients. But I’ve always appreciated how the newer realtors have more time for me that more established realtors don’t seem to have.

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2011 · 956 posts · 510 votes
    6y

    There are tons of realtors everywhere. Move on till you find one who wants to work . 

  • Matthew Irish-JonesBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt call an agent specifically instead of a firm. Most agents have their numbers posted all over FB, bill boards, and any other medium

    Irish Jones Realty4.947 Reviews
    View Page
  • Steve O.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · West Caldwell, NJ · Member since 2019 · 104 posts · 65 votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt I am having the same issue however, I went out with an agent this summer and passed on a deal. She tried to sell me on a 55+ rental property. I thought it may sound like a good idea, then realize I was excluded many renters. I told her the truth. I told her the area/price range where I was Interested in and if she found something call me. She called me last week as a backup, other buyer couldn’t get a mortgage. I’m currently under contract because I send her my pof. And took the day out to show her I was real. They can probably list and get more for the house, but because she is getting double commission on both ends, she will sell it me because I can close and she can make the full 5% commission. I learned to build a relationship with a few realtors, show them your serious with pof. And actually set up appointments to view properties

  • Rental Property Investor · Joplin, MO · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Bradlee Vaoifi joplin

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Mark H.:

    @Shane Womboldt

    Why not physically drive to a real estate office and ask to speak to an available agent?

     In 2020, you will be hard pressed to find a solid producing Realtor sitting around the office unless they have a specific appointment, etc.

  • Investor · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2017 · 463 posts · 488 votes
    6y

    Try to get referrals. Those are the best. If they don't get back to you. What does that mean? That means you are not on their priority list. They are not motivated to work with you. Never work with anyone who's not motivated because it never turns out good. Too many examples - Unmotivated seller leads to bad deals.  You don't have what they want (either you really don't have it or you never showed it to them). Find someone who's motivated to work with you and stop wasting your time on those who don't respond.

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt. Have you considered signing with a buyers agent ? The seller pays their commission and they work on your behalf. They reach out to these agents on your behalf. They schedule viewings for you. And ultimately assist you in the process.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt Agents want to sell houses, that's how they get paid. For some reason they think they're wasting their time showing you property and that's what needs to be addressed.

    You didn't mention price range. Are you paying cash? Are you getting a loan? If so, have you been pre approved and have a letter showing you can get the loan? What type of loan? It may be property won't meet guidelines, so ask.

    Let them know your schedule and ask when they can show you properties.

    It may be they don't want you bringing a contractor as it requires more time. Here in CA once an offer is accepted Buyer has 17 day inspection period where buyers at their expense can have all inspections done, then request repairs from the seller (which they're not required to do), and then make a decision on whether to move forward.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 424 posts · 261 votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt It sounds like you need to work with an investor agent. 

  • Member since 2019 · 295 posts · 159 votes
    6y

    @Shane Womboldt. Call the listing agent and she can act as a dual agent that’s what I learned as my realtor went dark on me

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.