Getting Licensed in IL

Getting Licensed in IL

New to Real Estate · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 6 votes

Hey BP Universe,

Im considering getting my Real Estate license in IL during the quarantine. What tips, advice, or thoughts do you have to being a licensed Real Estate Investor?

0Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Connor AndersonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 102 votes
    6y

    Hi @Peter Thirawankanok! I recently finished my licensing exam in Michigan. My reason for getting my license is to earn some extra income while also being more active in my real estate market. You do have to be careful when being an investor and a real estate agent. My biggest piece of advice would to always disclose that you are a licensed agent when discussing with potential buyers of properties you own, and potential sellers of properties you would like to buy. Best of luck!

  • Eudith VacioPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago & NWI · Member since 2015 · 860 posts · 521 votes
    6y
    Hi @Pete Thirawankanok, I just got my license in IL last year as an investor. You will increase your network and networth. You have access to more opportunities!
  • New to Real Estate · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Connor Anderson for the wise words.  Disclose, disclose, disclose seems to be a common thing among Investor Agents.  I am looking forward to getting thing thru the course and seeing how it will impact my business.

    I would like to connect and keep in touch.  Perhaps we can work together and develop a working relationship.  Congrats and I wish you tons of success!

  • New to Real Estate · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Hello @Eudith Vacio.  Great words.  I know that a lot of people on the BiggerPockets Podcasts are always saying that same thing.  I am hoping to grow my network to impact my net worth. 

    I'd like it if we could connect and keep in touch as I know that there are some great deals to be made here at home!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.