Votes
Brian Stone
  • Glen Allen, VA
Votes |
Losing Traction

Brian Stone
  • Glen Allen, VA
Posted Feb 12 2013, 05:27

I don't know if I've had a bad past couple of days, or if I'm just in a bad mood, but the pros I have been asking for help want money. It has really set me in a distressed spot.

I have asked for help from people that have made it, they are successful and have multiple properties, but they won't help me. I'm not talking about on here, I'm talking about in real life, off the computer, I have asked pros that I have met how they have done things to get off the ground and they just won't help me. Why do "mentors" want money from beginners so bad? If I were a real estate success, I would help the newbies out.

For instance, I asked someone how THEY built their buyers list. Their answer was that it was a secret. Do I need to pay these people for their help really?? Do I really need to make it on my own? I understand I need to do my own legwork, but I guess I just need some direction from a real life pro. Why are some people so disinterested in being helpful? I look up to these people and want to be like them, successful and busy and wealthy, and they just won't help me.

Do all mentors just want money? I feel discouraged. Sorry for the rant and the crying and whining, but I feel like I don't know where to go next. Is it up to me to make my own mistakes and go it alone??

Sigh. Love you guys at Bigger Pockets though. Thanks for everything. Sorry again for the whining.

Loading replies...