Hello there my name is leo, i am looking start a business in real estate or start investing into it. For the business side I’ve been thinking of a fix and flip business, wholesaling, or any someone could recommend. For the investing side I’ve been thinking about rental properties (could possibly go hand in hand with the fix and flip and rent out the property) but any advice would be useful thank you god bless!
Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2020 · 159 posts · 158 votes
6y
Why not combine both with the BRRRR method
Buy
Rehab
Rent
Refi
Repeat.
You will need the cash to purchase and make your first BRRRR a success so maybe try wholesaling first so you can get an idea of property values in your area as well as build rapport with individuals who may want to sell in the future to you.
Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2020 · 159 posts · 158 votes
6y
Why not combine both with the BRRRR method
Buy
Rehab
Rent
Refi
Repeat.
You will need the cash to purchase and make your first BRRRR a success so maybe try wholesaling first so you can get an idea of property values in your area as well as build rapport with individuals who may want to sell in the future to you.
Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y
I think you'll have an easier time if you don't define your options by whether it's a business or investing, and instead just explore all the strategy options and pick the one you're most interested in and suited for.
@Kody Thompson yes that is true I've thought about BRRRR probably the strategy I'll go with. I'll also try what you said about wholesaling. Thank you for your time !
Throughout this site you can listen to podcasts or read other threads in the forums that further discuss many different types. Just make sure you choose one that makes the most sense to you and your financial situation. Let me know if you need any specific help with anything.