How big or small should I start with multi family investing?

How big or small should I start with multi family investing?

Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone, so I just finished flipping my first house, and with the profit I made, I would really like to get into multi family investing. I’ve been doing a lot of research and listenOmg to a lot of books and podcasts, but I know that the best way for me to learn is by just getting started.
My biggest concern is that because of my inexperience, I feel like I should get started with something small, like a four-plex. But I also hear guys like Grant Cardone advise not just start with anything under 32 units. Would love to hear some opinions and perspectives. Thank you!

0Reply
8 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jeff LeePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Huffman, TX · Member since 2018 · 68 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    Hi @Dallin Huso,

    Welcome to BP!

    It really depends on who you are, what your strengths and weaknesses are, and where you are in terms of your own financial situation, networks, ability to handle stress, fear, etc. For *most* people, the best bet is to get into a small rental and scale up from there. Buy one or two or three, jump to small multifamily, build your systems, and scale up. That being said, there are people out there, like Grant Cardone, that simply cannot and should not start slowly. Only you can figure out if you are in that rare company and need to jump straight into multifamily syndication. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.