Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Hampton
Votes |
Savannah, GA rental market

Ryan Hampton
Posted May 26 2020, 16:28

Disclaimer: I'm a first time poster so please bear with me.

I'm a Michigander moving to Savannah Georgia (well, Richmond Hill) late this summer (2020). I've only been cranking on my real estate investment education for a month now, but I'm a quick study. I'm looking for multi-family residential or small apartment complex rental properties. If the deal is good and the numbers work, I've got cash to cover up to 20% (probably).

I know I need to build up a team of players around me (real estate agent, lenders, lawyer, CPA, etc.). How can I go about starting this? The Meetups in the area don't look very active and I'm not a drinker so would prefer to avoid bars for networking.

How can I hit the ground running and purchase a property within a few months of moving in (move in date = mid-late this summer)? I'm almost thinking of a plan to find tenants that are college kids whose responsible parents are footing the bill. Maybe a sorority/fraternity type deal. Is there a strategy that exists like this or would the market likely be monopolized for that type of housing? I'm talking local colleges and SCAD.

Thanks for taking the time to read and please respond even if you don't have Savannah market experience specifically. Take care and dream big!

Loading replies...