New Real Estate Investor in AZ

New Real Estate Investor in AZ

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes

I’m a 31 year old Law Enforcement Officer learning everything I can rapidly to get started in buying and owning real estate to rent out with monthly cash flow. I would like to do this on the side with my wife who is an RN while I finish up my pension for 15 more years. Once “retired” I want to transition to full time Real Estate investing and giving back to my by helping new investors in my current position as a mentor and guide. I’d love to network and gain any knowledge, leads, advice, etc. from the experienced people on here, especially anyone local to Phoenix, AZ area.

I just read the Bigger Pockets How to Begin Investing in Real Estate book in 3 days and now a few chapters in on David Greene's book on BRRRR. This seems like the best route for me and my wife to take.

Right now we are thinking about moving into a house with an in law quarters to rent out as an apartment. We have over $100,000 in equity on our home we bought in Adora Trails in South Gilbert, AZ in 2013. And then saving for our first BRRRR.

I’d love to chat with anyone. Thanks!

1Reply
23 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2018 · 412 posts · 366 votes
    6y

    Great post, @Matthew McClanahan! Always good to hear from ambitious investors. And congratulations on owning in one of the most popular cities in town. Your idea of house hacking is a good one. If I see any good houses with casitas or M-I-L suites I will send them your way.

    You'll get lots of good tips here as the local community loves to see new investors get their start!

    Wishing you great success,

    Melanie

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Melanie Johnston thank you so much🙏. We liked the idea of house hacking however as you know the market here has very few Duplex, triplex, or fourplexes. So I remembered Lennar Jones has some new builds years ago with lock off M-I-L suites that could serve as a rental or Air B&B to house hack with what we have in AZ in Chandler/Gilbert area. Looking for between $350k-$450k range with a suite we could rent for $800-$1000 a month. Please do send some our way if you find any:)

  • Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2018 · 412 posts · 366 votes
    6y

    Will do!

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Matthew McClanahan:

    I’m a 31 year old Law Enforcement Officer learning everything I can rapidly to get started in buying and owning real estate to rent out with monthly cash flow. I would like to do this on the side with my wife who is an RN while I finish up my pension for 15 more years. Once “retired” I want to transition to full time Real Estate investing and giving back to my by helping new investors in my current position as a mentor and guide. I’d love to network and gain any knowledge, leads, advice, etc. from the experienced people on here, especially anyone local to Phoenix, AZ area.

    I just read the Bigger Pockets How to Begin Investing in Real Estate book in 3 days and now a few chapters in on David Greene's book on BRRRR. This seems like the best route for me and my wife to take.

    Right now we are thinking about moving into a house with an in law quarters to rent out as an apartment. We have over $100,000 in equity on our home we bought in Adora Trails in South Gilbert, AZ in 2013. And then saving for our first BRRRR.

    I’d love to chat with anyone. Thanks!

    House hacking is the way to go! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.