Were to go for the best advice for Airbnb

Were to go for the best advice for Airbnb

Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 3 votes

Hey, someone, I'm in the possess of getting my very first property turning it to an Airbnb. but I do not know where to go for the info I would go to youtube but I want to make sure whoever providing me with the info they know what they talking about so suggestions would help a great deal thanks.   

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 77 posts · 71 votes
6y

@Adrian Suarez Congrats on the process of getting your first STR property!

It definitely depends on your market. I would go to Facebook groups of AirBnb Owners in the specific city you are looking for. Also - check the specific zoning laws for the city for sure! Nashville in particular is extremely strict about Airbnbs within the city limits. For example, in order to obtain a new Airbnb permit in Nashville proper, the residence must be owner-occupied. You could rent out a room/the home for the weekend, but Nashville is strict about making sure the property owners follow the rules about it.

Best of luck to you in your STR!

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Homeowner · TN · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 26 votes
    6y

    @Adrian Suarez I personally ran 2 Airbnb's in Nashville for 4 years during the peek of its boom a few years back.  I would be happy to help you get whatever information you need to get started.  Keep in mind, it can be a challenge depending on your market.  If you have a good spot in a popular city, I think you'll do just fine, even if you aren't right in the heart of everything.  However if you are in the midst of it all, then I know you can do quite well.  

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Thank you so much I'm all in.

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 77 posts · 71 votes
    6y

    @Adrian Suarez Congrats on the process of getting your first STR property!

    It definitely depends on your market. I would go to Facebook groups of AirBnb Owners in the specific city you are looking for. Also - check the specific zoning laws for the city for sure! Nashville in particular is extremely strict about Airbnbs within the city limits. For example, in order to obtain a new Airbnb permit in Nashville proper, the residence must be owner-occupied. You could rent out a room/the home for the weekend, but Nashville is strict about making sure the property owners follow the rules about it.

    Best of luck to you in your STR!

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Bonnie Rhodes thanks I’m going to some FB groups right now

  • New Bern, NC · Member since 2017 · 246 posts · 173 votes
    6y

    @Adrian Suarez

    Hi Adrian. There is a book called Get Paid for your Pad by Jasper Ribbers. The author hosts a podcast by the same name. The combination of reading his book and listening to his podcasts helped me get started. I now have three homes on airbnb and I love it! Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Stewartsville, NJ · Member since 2016 · 419 posts · 280 votes
    6y

    @Adrian Suarez

    Hi Adrian,

    We have 2 STRs (one in the Outer Banks and one on White Mountains, NH) and manage both of them remotely. Happy to answer any questions you have.

    Mike

  • Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    Are you looking for objective information like data? or looking for advice from experienced hosts?

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Patricia Taveras I am already on it this will help a great deal thank you so much for providing me with this and I hope you have continued success.

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Jaeseok An advice from experience host like yourself just to be prepared on what to expect when I officially start from the good to the bad.

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Mike Shemp. I just follow you if I have any questions specifically I’ll let you know thank you so much sir

  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Adrian Suarez. The best place to go is right here on BP but you posted on the wrong forum. Go to the Short Term Rental forum and read everything before you post. You’ll find everything you need over there. Good luck! 

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Luke Carl thank you for direct me what right place to go to because I’m new to BP.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.