Columbus OH - Finally got out of Analysis Paralysis - Next Steps

Columbus OH - Finally got out of Analysis Paralysis - Next Steps

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 6 votes

Hi All,

This post is for those investing / are local / or know Columbus OH very well - Looking for guidance!- References for a Core 4, and other functions you would recommend to add to build a strong team!

Background:

Last week I created my first post "Deciding between 2 markets - stuck in analysis paralysis" where I was deciding between San Antonio TX, and Columbus OH. After some deliberation I have decided to start my out of state investing in Columbus OH!

I have read multiple books / looked up many resources to better equip myself for starting out here.

My Criteria and Areas of interest:

- Looking for 1% rule housing

- B/C Housing areas

- Cash flow primarily - but long term appreciation

- Areas near higher rated Schools / Hospitals

- rising area-clusters of improving median family income

- lower crime rate

Some of the reasons I chose Columbus were, Job Diversity / Population Growth / Higher Education in the area / I saw resiliency to unemployment between 2006-10

What I have done/plan to do/local perspectives I am looking for:

I have done research using websites that may have 2016 census data, but are looking for those who know the area well that can help provide some local and current insight.

I have started out talking to some agents in the area but I would definitely want to create more connections. If you have local insights for me or have trusted connections (of course I will do my own searching through the different forums for contacts, but any help is appreciated) please let me know, especially if there are special considerations for Columbus due to ie. weather, or things only those very familiar with Columbus would recommend to look into. I hope to start off my investing with a solid Core 4 team of 1) Agents 2) Property Managers 3) Contractors 4)Lenders.

If you have any ideas of other functions I should add to that Core 4- please let me know!

Thank you for your time and help!

4Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Remington LymanBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @Alan Casilla:

Hi All,

This post is for those investing / are local / or know Columbus OH very well - Looking for guidance!- References for a Core 4, and other functions you would recommend to add to build a strong team!

Background:

Last week I created my first post "Deciding between 2 markets - stuck in analysis paralysis" where I was deciding between San Antonio TX, and Columbus OH. After some deliberation I have decided to start my out of state investing in Columbus OH!

I have read multiple books / looked up many resources to better equip myself for starting out here.

My Criteria and Areas of interest:

- Looking for 1% rule housing

- B/C Housing areas

- Cash flow primarily - but long term appreciation

- Areas near higher rated Schools / Hospitals

- rising area-clusters of improving median family income

- lower crime rate

Some of the reasons I chose Columbus were, Job Diversity / Population Growth / Higher Education in the area / I saw resiliency to unemployment between 2006-10

What I have done/plan to do/local perspectives I am looking for:

I have done research using websites that may have 2016 census data, but are looking for those who know the area well that can help provide some local and current insight.

I have started out talking to some agents in the area but I would definitely want to create more connections. If you have local insights for me or have trusted connections (of course I will do my own searching through the different forums for contacts, but any help is appreciated) please let me know, especially if there are special considerations for Columbus due to ie. weather, or things only those very familiar with Columbus would recommend to look into. I hope to start off my investing with a solid Core 4 team of 1) Agents 2) Property Managers 3) Contractors 4)Lenders.

If you have any ideas of other functions I should add to that Core 4- please let me know!

Thank you for your time and help!

I would be happy to connect you with some members of the team I use here in Columbus, Ohio

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Columbus is doing great right now, good luck in your journey! @Alan Casilla

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Alan Casilla Great job Alan, I think you made a wise decision choosing Columbus. With reasonable purchase prices, fast appreciation, great public schools/universities, strong job growth, and a growing population - Columbus is an amazing city.

    If you want to shoot me a message, I’m an agent specializing in multi-family. I can help connect you with some local lenders, property managers, and contractors, as well as give you some advice on neighborhoods that meet your criteria.

    Best of luck!

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    That's fantastic @Alan Casilla, Columbus is full of opportunity. 

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Alan Casilla:

    Hi All,

    This post is for those investing / are local / or know Columbus OH very well - Looking for guidance!- References for a Core 4, and other functions you would recommend to add to build a strong team!

    Background:

    Last week I created my first post "Deciding between 2 markets - stuck in analysis paralysis" where I was deciding between San Antonio TX, and Columbus OH. After some deliberation I have decided to start my out of state investing in Columbus OH!

    I have read multiple books / looked up many resources to better equip myself for starting out here.

    My Criteria and Areas of interest:

    - Looking for 1% rule housing

    - B/C Housing areas

    - Cash flow primarily - but long term appreciation

    - Areas near higher rated Schools / Hospitals

    - rising area-clusters of improving median family income

    - lower crime rate

    Some of the reasons I chose Columbus were, Job Diversity / Population Growth / Higher Education in the area / I saw resiliency to unemployment between 2006-10

    What I have done/plan to do/local perspectives I am looking for:

    I have done research using websites that may have 2016 census data, but are looking for those who know the area well that can help provide some local and current insight.

    I have started out talking to some agents in the area but I would definitely want to create more connections. If you have local insights for me or have trusted connections (of course I will do my own searching through the different forums for contacts, but any help is appreciated) please let me know, especially if there are special considerations for Columbus due to ie. weather, or things only those very familiar with Columbus would recommend to look into. I hope to start off my investing with a solid Core 4 team of 1) Agents 2) Property Managers 3) Contractors 4)Lenders.

    If you have any ideas of other functions I should add to that Core 4- please let me know!

    Thank you for your time and help!

    I would be happy to connect you with some members of the team I use here in Columbus, Ohio

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 91 posts · 54 votes
    6y

    @Alan Casilla @Trent Ecklar

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Alan Casilla Great to hear about your real estate investing plan. It's good you made a decision and know what to do to take your next steps. There's no right or wrong formula when it comes to investing in real estate. It's different for everyone. And not everyone has the same experiences. Best of luck with your real estate investing journey! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.