New investor in Chicago , ready to start making moves

New investor in Chicago , ready to start making moves

Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes

My name is Jaime Camargo, born and raised in Chicago. I have been saving for the last 16 months and feel I have a good amount of capital to start investing . I’m looking to meet investors in Chicago to talk about their experience investing in the area . I have read and educated myself enough that I feel confident in buying my first property. I am trying to scale up smart manner overtime . Also looking for an agent to have the finances ready to make a when the opportunity comes .

Thank you in advance. Peace and love to all ,

Jaime

2Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
6y

@Jaime Camargo congrats on getting ready to take action! Your next step is to speak with a lender so you get your pre approval ready to go. If you need someone let me know. I always refer out my lender Josh Jones who got me started in the business. Once you have the lender lined up, then it is time to start analyzing deals! Which neighborhoods are you looking in?

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Jaime Camargo congrats on getting ready to take action! Your next step is to speak with a lender so you get your pre approval ready to go. If you need someone let me know. I always refer out my lender Josh Jones who got me started in the business. Once you have the lender lined up, then it is time to start analyzing deals! Which neighborhoods are you looking in?

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Jaime Camargo - Agree with @John Warren!  Congrats on getting ready and preparing yourself to get into the real estate investing world.  

    You mentioned you saved a decent amount of capital.....How much capital are you talking about and what are you looking to buy?  I naturally awesome some type of 2-4 unit house hack, but what's your plan as far as what you are looking for and where?

    I can happily provide some great referrals for agents, attorneys, lenders, etc. if you can provide a little more information on your plan.  Happy to help any way I can.

  • Investor · South Bend, IN · Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 57 votes
    6y

    @Jaime Camargo

    Sounds like you have a good plan! I started in Chicago via a house hack last year, so happy to answer any questions from a newer investor point of view. I would definitely recommend to meet others, go to local meetups, and continue to ask lots of questions.

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    Reach out to @Sarita Scherpereel. She is an expert in the area for house hackers and investors.

  • Insurance Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 41 posts · 32 votes
    6y

    @Jaime Camargo

    Make sure you know the area you want to target first. Then watch it for a while. List prices. Sales prices. How long does it take to go under contract. Etc. Soon enough you’ll be pretty confident when a good to fair deal comes along. And you’ll recognize the expensive ones too.

    Good luck out there,

  • Mark AinleyBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb) · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Jaime Camargo What areas are you looking in and I can provide you a name of an investor savy broker to work with.  

  • Sarita ScherpereelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 659 posts · 376 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the mention @Jonathan Greene. @Jaime Camargo that's great! I think saving for the purchase is one of the hardest parts of starting to invest because it takes so much discipline. 

    What areas are you interested in? The microeconomic neighborhoods drastically change ROI and House hacking limitations. Finding out where you want to give and focusing on those neighborhoods is a great place to start running your numbers.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.