Complete Newbie. Looking to purchase MFH in Nashville.

Complete Newbie. Looking to purchase MFH in Nashville.

Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 12 votes

Hello Nashvillians! 

I am looking to purchase my first duplex or quite possibly a single-family home with a walk-in basement for a house-hack. 

I'd love to hear from those who have any experience house hacking as a single person in the Nashville market? I am certain this is naivete speaking but is it too late to start here?

What was the biggest thing you learned while doing so? 

Would you have done anything differently? Any tips or suggestions you wouldn't mind offering? 

0Reply
26 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Surf City, NC · Member since 2017 · 648 posts · 597 votes
    6y

    Hey Dasia and welcome to BP! I am not in Nashville but I am confident in saying it is not too late to start. House hacking is a great way to get started investing and cut or eliminate most peoples largest expense. To try and find a place with a rentable space, I would go on Zillow and set your price/bed/bath parameters for whatever are you want to live. The under the "More" tab, go to the keyword search and type things like "guest suite", "in law suite", "kitchenette", "finished basement", and "separate entrance". A lot of sellers and listing agents do not market their houses properly because they are not familiar with house hackers. 

    Also, if you can find a legit agent (preferably one on BP), they should be able to help you out! Good luck with your search.

  • David GoodmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 92 votes
    6y

    Welcome Dasia! It's never too late to for someone else to help pay your mortgage! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.