Complete Newbie. Looking to purchase MFH in Nashville.

Complete Newbie. Looking to purchase MFH in Nashville.

Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 12 votes

Hello Nashvillians! 

I am looking to purchase my first duplex or quite possibly a single-family home with a walk-in basement for a house-hack. 

I'd love to hear from those who have any experience house hacking as a single person in the Nashville market? I am certain this is naivete speaking but is it too late to start here?

What was the biggest thing you learned while doing so? 

Would you have done anything differently? Any tips or suggestions you wouldn't mind offering? 

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

David GoodmanBusiness Member
Realtor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 92 votes
6y

Welcome @Dasia Washington! It's definitely never too late to have someone else pay your mortgage:)

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 191 posts · 247 votes
    6y

    Hi Dasia! I'm originally from nashville and have done a lot of investing there. I don't think there are many properties there that make sense as a rental from a price perspective right now, unless you're seeing something I'm not? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Hi @Dasia Washington thanks for the request! I am an agent in town and my brokerage works exclusively with investors for flips, buy/hold, or tear downs for new builds. Have you given any thought to your Price Points? Rehab budget? Regions or Zip Codes you are interested in looking? Do you have cash on hand or are you looking for some type of financing to facilitate your investments? These are all questions I ask investors I work with up front as it helps to narrow down your specific criteria. It is also important for you to get a bit of a handle on what types of opportunities fit within your desired goals. I see opportunities like the ones you describe everyday, but narrowing down the above may help to steer you one way or the other when determining which one would be the best fit for you. 

    Feel free to reach out if you have questions, I would be glad to help. 

    Be well, 

    Angela

  • David GoodmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 92 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Dasia Washington! It's definitely never too late to have someone else pay your mortgage:)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.