Moving from Australia to the U.S for RE investing

Moving from Australia to the U.S for RE investing

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hey BP community. I have recently been thinking about leaving AUS to move to the U.S as im sure you have heard just how expensive Real Estate can be in Australia. Is there any other fellow Australian citizens out there who have done this? I have currently saved a fair amount of money and i am ready to invest. I know one fella named Angelo Rumero who moved from AUS to chase real estate in the states. Thanks for your help.

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 103 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    @Mitchell Wade schmidt Now that's drive!  Do you know what areas of the US you're interested in?  As you contemplate this and potential investment strategies, be aware of FIRPTA.  FIRPTA can quickly eat away at profit.

    Good Luck! I love Australia and can't wait to return one day!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.