Saskatchewan New Investor

Saskatchewan New Investor

Rental Property Investor · Estevan · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 6 votes

Hey everyone,

Born and raised in Saskatchewan and have been searching deals in the two major cities. May have my first deal lined up.

Wanting to connect with other investors or even wholesalers to look at off-market deals. Give me a shout if your in the area and want to connect.

Thanks!!

0Reply
74 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Saskatoon, Saskatchewan · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 6 votes
5y

@Ronald Quaroni & @Dayne Peterson there's a group in Saskatchewan called REIGS, it's a networking platform on Facebook for Saskatchewan Investors. Not sure if you've heard of it. I'm down for more networking groups!

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Okanagan, BC · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 77 votes
    5y

    @Blaze Mutton

    Welcome, Blaze.

    Lots of good deals in Saskatoon right now. And I believe they just hit lowest unemployment in the country again.

    That place is ripe for appreciation.

  • Rental Property Investor · Estevan · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hey Santi Anso,

    I have been looking at properties up there but am not confident of my knowledge in the areas yet to ensure I have deal. That’s great to hear though and gives me confidence.

  • Lender · Okanagan, BC · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 77 votes
    5y

    @Blaze Mutton

    Where you located?

    If you don mind me asking. I know the province pretty well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Estevan · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Santi Anso I live and work in Estevan Sk

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    I'm located here in Saskatoon for us prairie investors! If anyone @Blaze or @Santi if either of you want to connect and talk shop, I would love to! I haven't gotten into off market deals yet but have been keeping tabs on the Saskatoon market.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · saskatoon, saskatchewan · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Dayne Peterson @Blaze Mutton @Santi Anso

    Hey guys, I’m living in Saskatoon as well, been in the province my whole life, reach out let’s connect!

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Myers I would definitely be up for meeting. This week I am busy but can normally in the evenings on weekdays. How does everyone elses schedule look ?

  • Lender · Okanagan, BC · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 77 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Myers

    Nice to see a few sk folks around.

    I'm out in bc now but keep up to date on Saskatoon and some of the surrounding area/lakes.

  • Saskatoon, SK · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hey nice to meet you guys! I'm Fraser, I've been buying property in Saskatoon for about 10 years now. I flip houses, buy 16+ unit apartment buildings and raise capital for the projects we work on. I buy lots of my houses off market and my wife has an interior design Co also.  We are all about RE! haha.

    Saskatoon is a great market and I always love catching up with people in our market! Let me know if you want to chat. 

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Another Saskatoon REI veteran! Nice to meet you @Fraser Nybo! Would definitely love picking your brain a little bit about offmarket deals and my current experiences with finding deals. How would everyone feel about meeting up next week sometime ? Obviously we would need to be conscientious of our COVID situation but I am confident we can still connect even if its through a zoom coffee meeting !

  • Rental Property Investor · Estevan · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hey to everyone commenting on this thread! Glad to see so many locals involved in this and willing to reach out. If possible I would like to join in on this zoom meeting and I’m sure others wouldn’t mind as well. If you pick a time I’m sure I could make it work to be a part of it.

  • Regina, Saskatchewan · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Anyone on here involved in the regina market?

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey guys, I am from Saskatoon originally but living in Regina. I have had many rentals in both areas and some flips. I mostly was helping others do it but now I am hoping to branch off more on my own two feet. If anyone needs any help with Regina or Saskatoon market or just wants to talk, let me know.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello All,

    Currently living outside Canada, but looking to get a MF unit in Saskatoon or Regina. Any tips as to which of the two cities have better ROI in MF units? Which neighboorhoods in both cities are preferable to buy an MF unit with upside potential? Any tips on the above will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Enoch

  • Vancouver · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi Everyone,

    My name is Gurj REI from Vancouver, I'm looking to network with investors from Saskatchewan. Been in the game for 15 years.

    “Don't wait to buy Real Estate, Buy Real Estate and wait” -Will Rogers 

  • Real Estate Broker · Saskatoon · Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Just taking a quick poll, how many Saskatchewan folks would be interested in starting a meet up to chat, share ideas, make industry connections? (Are there current meetups?)

    I know COVID-19 makes things tough for group get together, but I thought it would be nice to plan something when things open up again. 

    I'm based in Saskatoon and would love to get something like this going.

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    I am definitely interested in a meet up. Even to start off virtual and hopefully by the end of the year transition to actual in person would be ideal. I am also based in Saskatoon and have quite a bit of experience setting up virtual meetings so would be happy to set up.

  • New to Real Estate · Saskatoon, Saskatchewan · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Ronald Quaroni & @Dayne Peterson there's a group in Saskatchewan called REIGS, it's a networking platform on Facebook for Saskatchewan Investors. Not sure if you've heard of it. I'm down for more networking groups!

  • Investor · Red Deer, AB · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    Investor from Red Deer, but have been looking at SK and MB markets for a while now with the idea of expanding eastwards. I'd certainly be interested in participating in any online meetup!

  • Real Estate Broker · Saskatoon · Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the REIGS suggestion @Kyle Gryba, I'll definitely give them a follow. @Dayne Peterson wouldn't mind at all if you spear-headed a virtual meet up. Would folks have a preference for what type of meet up it is? ie. Mastermind, Guest Speaker or just a casual meetup to chat.

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    For the first one, I wouldn't mind a casual meet and greet. Once we get a few meetings under our belt and we see the breadth of experience and knowledge of the group we can incorporate mastermind sessions and have a more structured format. Please comment if there is a specific day during the week that is preferable, if no comments are made - I will set the date and run the sessions myself. I will wait until this weekend until scheduling a time!

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Good morning all!

    I am setting up a casual meet n greet for next Wednesday, February 3rd at 7:30pm CST. I have attached the link below so you can copy and paste it into your preferred browser: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/7497...

    Meeting ID: 749 7049 5278
    Passcode: F4PedG

    If you already have the zoom app installed you can also input the following credentials to join the meeting. If you have any issues or would like help setting up the meeting beforehand I would be happy to connect!

    Once again, the main intent of the meeting is connect with like minded individuals in our local geographical area or those with interest in our area. I can facilitate the meeting as much as needed but I am sure we will not have any shortage of things to discuss! I’m looking forward to connecting with you all!

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Just a reminder that today there is a causal networking zoom call at 7:30pm Saskatchewan time. The details are above. It will be open for 45 minutes - 1 hour. Feel free to pop in and say hello for as long or short as you would like! 

    Excited to connect!

  • Saskatchewan, Canada · Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Can anyone join even if they don't own any property yet? I just wanted to connect with experienced like-minded people.

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    5y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.