Newbie Looking to Invest in Orlando

11 Replies

Hi everyone! I just joined BP and I've been researching real estate as much as I can like everyone else as it interests me a lot. Im from and currently live in NY, i work as an aircraft maintenance technician and want to get into investing in Orlando. I have been looking for some time but had that beginning nervousness. But now I've done more research and feel more confident and want to pursue it. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions and I'm looking to make connections and friends here so I can learn as much as I can. Im looking for slight fixer uppers or turn keys to rent out and buy and hold and also brrrr method opportunities. Looking forward to being a part of the community and any info is much appreciated!

Welcome Aaron !!! I'm in Rochester NY , I've done wholesaling for over 3 years and I'm looking to get into rentals and fixer uppers as well. you came to the right place! let me know if I can help in any way! 

@Aaron Haniff Welcome and congrats on your decision to invest!  Orlando is a great rental market for vacationers, but if your goal is to operate short-term rentals, make sure you research the neighborhoods that are rental friendly!  Some neighborhoods (and/or HOAs) have strict rules/regulations pertaining to rentals :) Good luck and have fun with your search! 

Originally posted by @Melissa Wesling :

@Aaron Haniff Welcome and congrats on your decision to invest!  Orlando is a great rental market for vacationers, but if your goal is to operate short-term rentals, make sure you research the neighborhoods that are rental friendly!  Some neighborhoods (and/or HOAs) have strict rules/regulations pertaining to rentals :) Good luck and have fun with your search! 

Thanks Melissa, I will keep that in mind. Im definitely trying to stay away from any strict HOAs , they can sometimes really be a hassle. 

Hi @Aaron Haniff , welcome to BP! I am a full time Realtor® and investor in Orlando. I would be happy to discuss our market and whats going on here right now. Our inventory is extremely low (about 2 months worth), so deals are difficult to find and you have to be careful. That being said, we are outpacing sales over this time last year as many are fleeing crowded cities and high taxes etc, so lots of competition from retail buyers and investors that find Orlando attractive. 

Let me know if I can be of any help, just message me if you would like to chat. Good Luck!

Originally posted by @Shawn McCormick :

Hi @Aaron Haniff, welcome to BP! I am a full time Realtor® and investor in Orlando. I would be happy to discuss our market and whats going on here right now. Our inventory is extremely low (about 2 months worth), so deals are difficult to find and you have to be careful. That being said, we are outpacing sales over this time last year as many are fleeing crowded cities and high taxes etc, so lots of competition from retail buyers and investors that find Orlando attractive. 

Let me know if I can be of any help, just message me if you would like to chat. Good Luck!

Thanks for that info Shawn! I'll definitely keep that in mind and let you know if I have any more questions. Wish I got in the game earlier, but there is always still deals and other places!