Newbie Looking to Invest in Orlando

Newbie Looking to Invest in Orlando

New to Real Estate · NY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 9 votes

Hi everyone! I just joined BP and I've been researching real estate as much as I can like everyone else as it interests me a lot. Im from and currently live in NY, i work as an aircraft maintenance technician and want to get into investing in Orlando. I have been looking for some time but had that beginning nervousness. But now I've done more research and feel more confident and want to pursue it. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions and I'm looking to make connections and friends here so I can learn as much as I can. Im looking for slight fixer uppers or turn keys to rent out and buy and hold and also brrrr method opportunities. Looking forward to being a part of the community and any info is much appreciated!

5Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 19 votes
5y

Welcome Aaron !!! I'm in Rochester NY , I've done wholesaling for over 3 years and I'm looking to get into rentals and fixer uppers as well. you came to the right place! let me know if I can help in any way! 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    Welcome Aaron !!! I'm in Rochester NY , I've done wholesaling for over 3 years and I'm looking to get into rentals and fixer uppers as well. you came to the right place! let me know if I can help in any way! 

  • New to Real Estate · NY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Thanks Brandie! I look forward to learning more and definitely want to learn and get into wholesaling too. If I do ill let you know if I have any questions.

  • Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee, Daytona Beach & Cocoa Beach · Member since 2016 · 331 posts · 166 votes
    5y

    Greetings! I am the Property Manager in Orlando, and I can help with rental analysis for any time of deal you may consider. 

  • New to Real Estate · NY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Thank you Valentina! Once I start seeing some potential investments I will shoot you a message for some insight.

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Aaron Haniff your very welcome:)

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 148 posts · 97 votes
    5y

    @Aaron Haniff Welcome and congrats on your decision to invest!  Orlando is a great rental market for vacationers, but if your goal is to operate short-term rentals, make sure you research the neighborhoods that are rental friendly!  Some neighborhoods (and/or HOAs) have strict rules/regulations pertaining to rentals :) Good luck and have fun with your search! 

  • New to Real Estate · NY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Melissa Wesling:

    @Aaron Haniff Welcome and congrats on your decision to invest!  Orlando is a great rental market for vacationers, but if your goal is to operate short-term rentals, make sure you research the neighborhoods that are rental friendly!  Some neighborhoods (and/or HOAs) have strict rules/regulations pertaining to rentals :) Good luck and have fun with your search! 

    Thanks Melissa, I will keep that in mind. Im definitely trying to stay away from any strict HOAs , they can sometimes really be a hassle. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Aaron Haniff

    Welcome to BP community! We're glad you joined us.

    Read Beginner’s Guide to help you get started: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Wishing you the best!

  • New to Real Estate · NY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Dmitriy Fomichenko:

    @Aaron Haniff

    Welcome to BP community! We're glad you joined us.

    Read Beginner’s Guide to help you get started: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Wishing you the best!

    Thanks Dmitriy, I'll definitely read it!

  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    5y

    Hi @Aaron Haniff, welcome to BP! I am a full time Realtor® and investor in Orlando. I would be happy to discuss our market and whats going on here right now. Our inventory is extremely low (about 2 months worth), so deals are difficult to find and you have to be careful. That being said, we are outpacing sales over this time last year as many are fleeing crowded cities and high taxes etc, so lots of competition from retail buyers and investors that find Orlando attractive. 

    Let me know if I can be of any help, just message me if you would like to chat. Good Luck!

  • New to Real Estate · NY · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Shawn McCormick:

    Hi @Aaron Haniff, welcome to BP! I am a full time Realtor® and investor in Orlando. I would be happy to discuss our market and whats going on here right now. Our inventory is extremely low (about 2 months worth), so deals are difficult to find and you have to be careful. That being said, we are outpacing sales over this time last year as many are fleeing crowded cities and high taxes etc, so lots of competition from retail buyers and investors that find Orlando attractive. 

    Let me know if I can be of any help, just message me if you would like to chat. Good Luck!

     Thanks for that info Shawn! I'll definitely keep that in mind and let you know if I have any more questions. Wish I got in the game earlier, but there is always still deals and other places!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.