New investor in Miami, where to start?

New investor in Miami, where to start?

Investor · Aix en Pce, France · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 10 votes

Hi everyone, I'm a French investor owning 2 properties in France (rented). I recently moved to Miami for my business, and I'm planning to open another LLC here to invest in real estate.

I have around 130-140k$ cash, and it's difficult for me to get loans (I don't have a SSN yet, so no credit score) 

What do you think it's the best strategy for me? I get few spare time, and my wife will be licensed as realtor here in few months. 

I'm was thinking about starting by flipping a house, but it seems that my budget is a little bit short to find and rehab a house in Miami area. What do you think? 

Thank you for your help. 

Alex

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
5y

I found a lender who does loans for non citizens, with excellent terms. The interested rate I was quoted was high 4s and 1 point, which is damn excellent. I will be doing a large loan through them in January. 

Message me if you want their details. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Alex Allemand

    There are lenders that will lend to investors in your position. I know of two of them. DM me. Not sure on terms but they focus on foreign nationals.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 377 posts · 258 votes
    5y

    Welcome to Miami @Alex Allemand

    You are also in a ideal position to network with other investors to do a Joint Venture deal. 

  • Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
    Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes
    5y

    @Alex Allemand Hi Alex, there are a number of listings that will provide seller financing or more creative financing terms. This would give you enough time to stabilize any property and find a more permanent financing solution. Happy to connect and walk you through a few scenarios. Welcome to Florida!

  • Investor · Aix en Pce, France · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Charles Carillo:

    @Alex Allemand

    There are lenders that will lend to investors in your position. I know of two of them. DM me. Not sure on terms but they focus on foreign nationals.

    Thank you, I'll contact you in DM to discuss about that. 

    I assume rates will not ideal, is my budget enough to start buying "cash" a first property to flip? Or is it better to start with a first bigger project that I'll finance? 

  • Investor · Aix en Pce, France · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Carlos Rovira:

    @Alex Allemand Hi Alex, there are a number of listings that will provide seller financing or more creative financing terms. This would give you enough time to stabilize any property and find a more permanent financing solution. Happy to connect and walk you through a few scenarios. Welcome to Florida!

    Thank you, I'll look for that too! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 205 votes
    5y

    There are lenders, who can not only finance you but also loan on construction - happy to share contact info.

  • Investor · Aix en Pce, France · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Timothy Lewis:

    Welcome to Miami @Alex Allemand

    You are also in a ideal position to network with other investors to do a Joint Venture deal. 

    Hi Timothy, thank you for your reply, that also a solution. However for a fist investment, I would like to start with my LLC only and avoid bad partnerships, and maybe later once I'll know more about the market here and potential partners, why not.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    5y

    I found a lender who does loans for non citizens, with excellent terms. The interested rate I was quoted was high 4s and 1 point, which is damn excellent. I will be doing a large loan through them in January. 

    Message me if you want their details. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.