What would you do at age 20?

What would you do at age 20?

Investor · NH · Member since 2020 · 175 posts · 75 votes

Happy Sunday!

I heard this question on the latest BP podcast (#435) today and thought what better place to ask it than on the forums:

If you were me, a 20 year old in college, what are five (or more/less) things you would do right now? It can range from real estate to general life experiences to anything!

I’m excited to see what everyone has to say, thanks!

1Reply
66 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Hawthorne, CA · Member since 2018 · 655 posts · 900 votes
5y

@Cole Britting

1. Live up the college life as much as you can, while keeping your grades up (you are only young once)

2. Pick a major that will help you get a high paying job upon graduation

3. Learn as much as you can about real estate investing- how to analyze properties- requirements to qualify for a mortgage-study geographical locations and their markets to determine where the best deals are

4. Get a part time job and a small credit card to work on your credit score

5. Create your real estate plan, guide, wish list- whatever you want to call it.  A plan that you can follow to meet your goals in real estate.

I have two kids your age in university.  I have given them both advice 1 and 2, they have no interest in real estate but if they were I would be giving them 3,4,and 5 also

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 301 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    Hi @Cole Britting.

    I'm with @Onan Dumas.  Be you, and trust your instincts.  Ignore social expectation, and don't let the fear of others drive your decisions.  

    Make it a habit not to care what others think, and forget about being cool.  Be present, live with a sense of urgency, and remind yourself this isn't a practice life.  

    That's my two cents.  Feel free reach out.

  • Investor · NH · Member since 2020 · 175 posts · 75 votes
    5y

    @Ash Fields

    Thank you!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.