Up-and-coming suburbs near Tampa, FL

Up-and-coming suburbs near Tampa, FL

Rental Property Investor · Vacaville, CA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes

My next duty station is going to be MacDill AFB, in Tampa FL. I'll be moving there from California in the next couple of months, I would most likely be there by June/July. What are the up-and-coming suburbs near Tampa?

I've seen a lot of talk about Wesley Chapel. I was wondering if any of you guys have any insight or advice on the market in that area.

Thank you all in advance.

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 23 votes
5y

@Eulice Trinidad.

Hi, I live in Wesley Chapel and this area is growing tremendously. There are tons of restaurants and shopping in the area. it’s home to the country‘s largest man-made lagoon, and has an event featured place that has the up-and-coming container stores and Park area. if you want newer homes built in 2000 and up this is definitely a good place to be. There are also some areas that have land. As well, I used to live in South Tampa where McDill Air Force Base is. South Tampa is a very hot market but also very pricey. You are generally find older homes there and smaller homes for the same price you would fine newer and larger homes out here in Wesley Chapel. Both areas are great. I am a real estate agent and real estate appraiser and Feel free to contact me for more information about the areas. Are you looking for a home to live in or to invest in?.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Greater Tampa Bay · Member since 2017 · 392 posts · 290 votes
    5y

    @Eulice Trinidad well what are you interested in pursuing? Primary residence? House hack? Place to live then transition into a rental? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    @Eulice Trinidad.

    Hi, I live in Wesley Chapel and this area is growing tremendously. There are tons of restaurants and shopping in the area. it’s home to the country‘s largest man-made lagoon, and has an event featured place that has the up-and-coming container stores and Park area. if you want newer homes built in 2000 and up this is definitely a good place to be. There are also some areas that have land. As well, I used to live in South Tampa where McDill Air Force Base is. South Tampa is a very hot market but also very pricey. You are generally find older homes there and smaller homes for the same price you would fine newer and larger homes out here in Wesley Chapel. Both areas are great. I am a real estate agent and real estate appraiser and Feel free to contact me for more information about the areas. Are you looking for a home to live in or to invest in?.

  • Raymond J. RodriguesBusiness Member
    Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
    5y

    @Eulice Trinidad, I work with a lot of investors in the Tampa Bay Area, specifically by Wesley Chapel and the growth is tremendous. Definitely seems like a good area to invest for appreciation and cash flow.  Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 
     

  • Rental Property Investor · Vacaville, CA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Luke Rorech I'm looking for a place to live in and transition into a rental in 1-2 years

  • Rental Property Investor · Vacaville, CA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Linda Wright thanks your reply, I'm looking for a home to live in and then transition into a rental in 1 to 2 years when I'm ready to buy another one. So ideally I'm looking for an area with a lot of growth and activity to faciliate appreciation and ease renting it out. From the little research I've done and what you've said, Wesley Chapel seems like a great location. Are there any other areas like Wesley Chapel that meet what I've described that you would recommend looking at as well?

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    @Eulice Trinidad yes, there are a few others. Near Wesley Chapel, there is Land O Lakes, Lutz, and maybe even Odessa. Riverview is another area that is growing quite a lot, that is a little South of Tampa. There is a lot of New construction and growth in the area too. I think Wesley Chapel has more growth at the moment with more amenities (like the 2 malls, lagoon, etc) and they have some good schools too if you have children.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.