How to Start with no cash, credit history, etc...?

How to Start with no cash, credit history, etc...?

New to Real Estate · Naples, FL · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 3 votes

Hello!

I'm a college grad of about 2 months. I'm a complete newbie to real estate. The most I have done so far is buy some biggerpockets' books, read forums, connect with other real estate investors on the site, and begin learning the basics of deal analysis. But I have no credit history or cash to start my first deal. I suppose I could find a partner, but I don't want to use someone else's money when I'm so new to real estate. I think it would be unwise so early in the game and rather use my own money. So I got a manager position job and plan to build up cash reserves and a credit history. After about at least a 2 years I'll have enough to take out a loan and put a down on a house. But apart of me feels like this is so slow. I would like to have at least 5-10 properties in my portfolio instead of just 1 in the next 2-3 years.  Do any of you have advice on how I could go about accelerating the process? Thank you for your help in advance. 

0Reply
28 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Account Closed start with wholesaling during your free time. Driving for Dollar and Door Knocking are 2 great strategies many investors have success with.

    After you wholesale about 5 deals, you have developed the confidence to flip or buy & hold your own deal. Use Hard Money Lenders for your first deal as this is an ASSET-BASED (Based on the deal NOT you) lending and they will lend your money to purchase and 100% repair cost if the deal make sense. 

    Continue to network with local investors in your city and I will see you at the top.

    Goodluck

  • New to Real Estate · Naples, FL · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Wale Lawal

    Thank you so much for advice. I will take your feedback to heart and apply it moving forward. I greatly appreciate your help! Thank you again.

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    You are welcome. Goodluck 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.