OOS Investing/House Hacking in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham), NC

OOS Investing/House Hacking in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham), NC

Richard BelgadoPro Member
New to Real Estate · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi BP community!

I’m writing my first post here as I’m new to the BP community and real estate.  I’ve been using the time during the pandemic to educate myself on real estate (on a reading binge with books from bigger pockets, rich dad, house hacking, blogs, podcasts). I am looking to get my ducks in a row to invest/house hack in the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill), NC area as most of my family live there and I visit there frequently. At my current phase, I am building my education, building the capital, team, and plan/strategy and looking on pulling the trigger in 2022.

I’m in a currently unique position.  I currently work/reside in SF, CA and work as a per Diem ICU RN here.  My schedule is super flexible (I can choose to work full time to two shifts a month or be off for 10 weeks in a row if I give a heads up).  Many per Diem nurses here are out of state and fly in to work a few days in a row and stay at short-term/friends housing. The increased pay in the Bay-Area and lower OOS cost of living works out for those doing that.

I'm am currently looking to buy my first property as SLH or MFR to house-hack. Looking to buy and hold, but would like to learn how to BRRR, and wiling to learn other strategies to increase my portfolio in the future. Ideally I'd like to do initially do a MFR, but from what I've been reading, it's been a hot commodity.


I have exceptional credit, investing since I was 20, and the only liability I have is a small amount of student loans . I’m curious if there are any per Diem nurses, people with relatable careers, or anybody with a relatable situation has gone through this? Also, inquiring to the real estate agents/investors in the triangle area about the market and inventory in general there.

Thanks everyone in advance!

0Reply
21 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    With that work that schedule seems like a good opportunity to get started in REI. I would probably just start having some conversations with investor-focused realtors that in the areas you are in looking to buy in. Best of luck! @Richard Belgado

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.