Anyone have experience with AirBnB rentals in Fresno/Clovis , CA?

Anyone have experience with AirBnB rentals in Fresno/Clovis , CA?

Marie TanjuatcoPro Member
Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes

Hi, we just started doing STR in Sacramento 1 yr ago. It is now difficult to buy in Sac , and would like to try a new market in Clovis/ Fresno, California. Anyone have short term rentals in this Clovis / Fresno ?

0Reply
107 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 9 votes
5y

Hey, hey! Fresno is surprisingly a great market for AirBnB, I know of several people that are doing AirBnb in Fresno specifically and having a lot of success. I'd recommend looking at Kyle Stanley's 'Fearless Flipper' on youtube - he's based out of Fresno. Also connecting with him on Facebook and his group called "AirBnb Masterminds". Hopefully that helps a little bit!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    5y

    I am following this one . I would like to know too. 

  • Realtor · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hey, hey! Fresno is surprisingly a great market for AirBnB, I know of several people that are doing AirBnb in Fresno specifically and having a lot of success. I'd recommend looking at Kyle Stanley's 'Fearless Flipper' on youtube - he's based out of Fresno. Also connecting with him on Facebook and his group called "AirBnb Masterminds". Hopefully that helps a little bit!

  • Real Estate Agent · Fresno, CA · Member since 2014 · 367 posts · 174 votes
    5y

    hey @Marie Tanjuatco, we have a great AirBnb manager in our office, I send lots of people to him to ask questions.  if you'd like his contact info feel free to message me.  good luck!  overall short term rentals do really well in fresno, they gross about 4x as much as long term rentals. 

  • Marie TanjuatcoPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Thank you for the referrals. I have appt with Kyle Stanley and will most like sign up for his Airbnb host class.

  • Investor · San Jose · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    @Marie Tanjuatco Was wondering if you ended up acquiring a STR in the Fresno area. Mind sharing your experience? Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Fresno, CA · Member since 2014 · 367 posts · 174 votes
    3y

    Fresno does do well with mid and short term rentals, that market has taken a bit of hit recently with how hospitals are using fewer and fewer travelers along with the fact that the market has saturated a bit as a lot of investors jumped on board the mid and short term rental train during covid. The numbers I've seen on P & L's recently are still good, still better than long term SFH's but usually they are at about a 50% vacancy rate. It's more important now than it was before to have something that really pops to tenants like having walkability or being next to a freeway. Kyle Stanley is a really great manager here in Fresno, he'd be good to chat with.

  • Marie TanjuatcoPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    unfortunately, our STR in Clovis revenue are now negative -- in the past yr, Clovis started asking for occupancy tax. this cost us $1300 every quarter .

    we are now planning to shut down our STR due to negative revenue, and switch to LTR

    I need recommendations for property manager in Clovis. 

  • Travis BeckBusiness Member
    Fresno, CA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    Marie,

    You are not alone here. Keep your head up and good for you for realizing it’s time to pivot. We use Fresno Management Company. Reach out and I can connect you to them directly if you’d like. 

  • Marie TanjuatcoPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Thanks Travis. 
    Yes, I will need that recommendation. I will send you DM. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.