Looking for Investment opportunities around Columbus,OH

Looking for Investment opportunities around Columbus,OH

Dallis GibsonPro Member
New to Real Estate · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 4 votes

Hello BP, I am looking to relocate for my job within the next 6 months. I do have a house in my local town that I am about to close on for my first investment deal. This house is going to be a flip or at least that is the goal.I am currently living in NW Ohio but I am taking on a new sales territory with my company. It is basically central Ohio. I have started looking at places but everything is selling quickly! I was thinking maybe a house hack or buying a duplex or triplex. I was looking to connect with some investors and real estate agents in the Columbus area to see what kind of opportunities were out there. I am very new to real estate investing so I am most definitely a rookie but wanting to start the journey to finacial freedom! 

4Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Saleh RiaziPro Member
Investor · San Jose · Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 65 votes
5y

Welcome to BP. Great community for you to network and connect with like minded investors. House hacking is a great way to get started but in a very competitive market like Columbus at the present moment might be more difficult, defiantly doable though. You also need to adjust your expectations on the prices that you need to pay and the CAP rate, with the house hack. Feel free to reach out to me, I can connect you with agent in the area.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael K GallagherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Dallis Gibson Cbus is a great area.  I'm an agent in the area and up until this past September I was house hacking a duplex with my wife.  We still have the duplex.  Would love to discuss what you are looking for and help in anyway I can.

    Cheers,

  • Saleh RiaziPro Member
    Investor · San Jose · Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP. Great community for you to network and connect with like minded investors. House hacking is a great way to get started but in a very competitive market like Columbus at the present moment might be more difficult, defiantly doable though. You also need to adjust your expectations on the prices that you need to pay and the CAP rate, with the house hack. Feel free to reach out to me, I can connect you with agent in the area.

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Dallis Gibson:

    Hello BP, I am looking to relocate for my job within the next 6 months. I do have a house in my local town that I am about to close on for my first investment deal. This house is going to be a flip or at least that is the goal.I am currently living in NW Ohio but I am taking on a new sales territory with my company. It is basically central Ohio. I have started looking at places but everything is selling quickly! I was thinking maybe a house hack or buying a duplex or triplex. I was looking to connect with some investors and real estate agents in the Columbus area to see what kind of opportunities were out there. I am very new to real estate investing so I am most definitely a rookie but wanting to start the journey to finacial freedom! 

     House hacking is the move. I started doing that in Columbus, Ohio a little over 3 years ago. I bought a duplex in Old North Columbus

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP! There a lot of different areas in Columbus that are great for house hacking. @Dallis Gibson

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Dallis Gibson:

    Hello BP, I am looking to relocate for my job within the next 6 months. I do have a house in my local town that I am about to close on for my first investment deal. This house is going to be a flip or at least that is the goal.I am currently living in NW Ohio but I am taking on a new sales territory with my company. It is basically central Ohio. I have started looking at places but everything is selling quickly! I was thinking maybe a house hack or buying a duplex or triplex. I was looking to connect with some investors and real estate agents in the Columbus area to see what kind of opportunities were out there. I am very new to real estate investing so I am most definitely a rookie but wanting to start the journey to finacial freedom! 

     Hi Dallis, I'm currently doing a house hack here in Columbus! It's a great city to live in. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Dallis Gibson welcome to BP and congrats on the beginning of your REI journey!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.