I am 17 right now and in high school. I am really interested in building wealth (mainly through real estate) when I get older. However, I don't know where to start. I've been listening to the podcasts and reading self-development books. Obviously, I don't have the capital to really invest in real estate and create a passive income at this age. Is this just the age to read books and learn through that or is there anything else I should do?
Rental Property Investor 路 Chester, VA 路 Member since 2016 路 123 posts 路 32 votes
5y
@Rohan Dodda 馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟 I'm giving you about 2 hours of homework since you're on summer break.. Go listen to BiggerPockets podcast 346 and podcast 371 and then come back to the forum telling us what you learned and what you're going to start taking action on. Tag me so I can hold you accountable 馃槒. Your age is irrelevant. Your drive and ambition is what matters. The only reason you may think it is an issue is because others Your age aren't in the "game" yet.
Real Estate Agent 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2020 路 338 posts 路 296 votes
5y
Welcome to the site @Rohan Dodda, happy to have you here. Educating yourself is a major component of the process, and is one of these best things you can do for your age - you're already doing that, so you're off to a strong start. Building capital right now will only help you in the future, but also build up your credit. The more qualified you are as a buyer, the better.