Do we use keypad or key for front & bedroom doors in a house hack

Do we use keypad or key for front & bedroom doors in a house hack

Andrew HaneyPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Buckley, WA · Member since 2020 · 76 posts · 14 votes

I’ve partnered with a friend to help get him a condo by doing a house hack and we’re looking for suggestions on door locks on bedrooms and the front door.

0Reply
26 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Keypad makes everybody's life easier. Even on bedroom doors if you are renting by the room.

  • Andrew HaneyPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Buckley, WA · Member since 2020 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Allan Smith

    Thanks that’s what we’re thinking too but just didn’t know if it’s a wasted of funds on the bedrooms.

  • CO · Member since 2020 · 63 posts · 40 votes
    4y

    Keypads all the way. I have 5 "doors" now at 3 properties and they all have separate keys to keep track of, make copies of, and potentially have floating around out there in ex-tenant's possession. Changing locks isn't hard but its annoying and having a fistful of keys around my house aggravates me. I will be switching to keypad only doors from now on. I rent out two bedrooms separately at one unit (a townhome), but I don't feel that its necessary to keep keyed/keypad locks on the bedroom doors. They're just the usual bedroom doors with locks that lock from the inside when someone is in there. If the situation is such at your property that you want locked bedroom doors, I would still go with a keypad.

  • Andrew HaneyPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Buckley, WA · Member since 2020 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Karissa Sampson

    Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.