Are real estate agents going broke?

Are real estate agents going broke?

NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote

I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.

1Reply
170 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Vashist D.:

I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.

Opendoor, Offerpad, Redfin & Zillow are technology companies in real estate and all tried making real estate agents obsolete and lost more money than you can imagine. It didn't work.

Real estate is about sales and relationships. You can't get those with an algorithm.

If you figure out how much you would spend each year on college and invest that amount in real estate instead, you are going to be much farther along to being independently wealthy than going to college. Provided, you make the phone calls necessary and follow through. It isn't hard, it's just discipline.

See this reply in the discussion

48 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Passion route is fine. Agents are becoming less relevant but you've got a solid 20+ years to build a great business. Maybe 50! Plus, great agents will always be needed. Even if things change in 20 years, your experience will give you more options than you could imagine now for a future pivot.

  • Deland, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vashist D.:

    I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.

    Opendoor, Offerpad, Redfin & Zillow are technology companies in real estate and all tried making real estate agents obsolete and lost more money than you can imagine. It didn't work.

    Real estate is about sales and relationships. You can't get those with an algorithm.

    If you figure out how much you would spend each year on college and invest that amount in real estate instead, you are going to be much farther along to being independently wealthy than going to college. Provided, you make the phone calls necessary and follow through. It isn't hard, it's just discipline.

  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vashist D.:

    I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.


     Then insurance, lending, title, appraisers, inspectors, and interior designers  would go out the door as well. There is a lot that goes in when buying and selling real estate. 

    If an algorithm and app can guide you through all of it then agents could be obsolete. 

    A great agent is well connected and they honestly employ a lot of people in the industry. 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:

    I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.


     Then insurance, lending, title, appraisers, inspectors, and interior designers  would go out the door as well. There is a lot that goes in when buying and selling real estate. 

    If an algorithm and app can guide you through all of it then agents could be obsolete. 

    A great agent is well connected and they honestly employ a lot of people in the industry. 

    So you're saying that the real estate job industry is not going to be taken out by technology? And is it worth it for me to get in?
  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:

    I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.


     Then insurance, lending, title, appraisers, inspectors, and interior designers  would go out the door as well. There is a lot that goes in when buying and selling real estate. 

    If an algorithm and app can guide you through all of it then agents could be obsolete. 

    A great agent is well connected and they honestly employ a lot of people in the industry. 

    So you're saying that the real estate job industry is not going to be taken out by technology? And is it worth it for me to get in?

     I don't think it will. Unless big hedge funds start buying up single families and make everyone a renter. 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Plante:

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?
  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Michael Plante:

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?

     Why not become a loan officer? Best time to capitalize since most are dropping out of the business 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Michael Plante:

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?

     Why not become a loan officer? Best time to capitalize since most are dropping out of the business 


     I did some research on it, and I need a degree and a lot of experience to actually get good pay. I know its commission based, but they require more and have expectations than an agent. Im down to get into it but I don't know what will be the case in 2-3 years. 

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I’m not broke but there are good days bad days, good months and bad months. I’m about 50% realtor 50% investor with my focus. Eventually that might be 70-30 and so on… until even I “retire” (whatever that means). Point being, not all eggs are to be in the realtor basket. Do that, and you will do ok.

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Michael Plante:

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?

     Why not become a loan officer? Best time to capitalize since most are dropping out of the business 


     I did some research on it, and I need a degree and a lot of experience to actually get good pay. I know its commission based, but they require more and have expectations than an agent. Im down to get into it but I don't know what will be the case in 2-3 years. 


     You don't need a degree to be an LO. 

    You just need your NMLS license and if you want to work for a mortgage broker, a real estate license likely as well. 

    It's not a get rich quick by no means, but it pays off later. You have the flexibility of working from home, can scale fast if you work with agents and investors, and can learn how to buy good deals in the process.  

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Michael Plante:

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?

     Why not become a loan officer? Best time to capitalize since most are dropping out of the business 


     I did some research on it, and I need a degree and a lot of experience to actually get good pay. I know its commission based, but they require more and have expectations than an agent. Im down to get into it but I don't know what will be the case in 2-3 years. 


     You don't need a degree to be an LO. 

    You just need your NMLS license and if you want to work for a mortgage broker, a real estate license likely as well. 

    It's not a get rich quick by no means, but it pays off later. You have the flexibility of working from home, can scale fast if you work with agents and investors, and can learn how to buy good deals in the process.  


     How long does it take to actually make good money from it? I heard some people can make up to 20k a month but it takes lots of experience and connections. 

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Michael Plante:

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?

     Why not become a loan officer? Best time to capitalize since most are dropping out of the business 


     I did some research on it, and I need a degree and a lot of experience to actually get good pay. I know its commission based, but they require more and have expectations than an agent. Im down to get into it but I don't know what will be the case in 2-3 years. 


     You don't need a degree to be an LO. 

    You just need your NMLS license and if you want to work for a mortgage broker, a real estate license likely as well. 

    It's not a get rich quick by no means, but it pays off later. You have the flexibility of working from home, can scale fast if you work with agents and investors, and can learn how to buy good deals in the process.  


     How long does it take to actually make good money from it? I heard some people can make up to 20k a month but it takes lots of experience and connections. 


     If you do hard money and work under a mortgage broker you can make millions. 

    On average you make 2% of the loan amount and if you do hard money, I have seen people charge 3-4% 

    You work with 10 realtors sending you 1 deal a month, 10 investors looking to scale their portfolios and you'll be very well off. 

    It does take time and it is a grind. The fastest I have seen is 5 years of experience minimum. But if you work hard it could come faster. 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Erik Estrada:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:
    Quote from @Michael Plante:

    No one here or anywhere knows what the future will bring

    it’s 1 course and a bunch of studying.  Just do it and get with the agency that is doing the most deals   Volunteer to be a free assistant with the most successful agents.  Learn to do what they do 

    I'll try to get experience as a volunteer during high school, since I can't drive what else could I do besides being an agents side kick? And if I want to work what jobs would give me the skills needed? I am willing to be working just for experience no money involved so what can I do?

     Why not become a loan officer? Best time to capitalize since most are dropping out of the business 


     I did some research on it, and I need a degree and a lot of experience to actually get good pay. I know its commission based, but they require more and have expectations than an agent. Im down to get into it but I don't know what will be the case in 2-3 years. 


     You don't need a degree to be an LO. 

    You just need your NMLS license and if you want to work for a mortgage broker, a real estate license likely as well. 

    It's not a get rich quick by no means, but it pays off later. You have the flexibility of working from home, can scale fast if you work with agents and investors, and can learn how to buy good deals in the process.  


     How long does it take to actually make good money from it? I heard some people can make up to 20k a month but it takes lots of experience and connections. 


     If you do hard money and work under a mortgage broker you can make millions. 

    On average you make 2% of the loan amount and if you do hard money, I have seen people charge 3-4% 

    You work with 10 realtors sending you 1 deal a month, 10 investors looking to scale their portfolios and you'll be very well off. 

    It does take time and it is a grind. The fastest I have seen is 5 years of experience minimum. But if you work hard it could come faster. 

    Thanks for the insight, I’ll probably consider it a major option for the future when I decide what jobs to take account into. 
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vashist D.:

    I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.


     I have been saying it for years, they provide no value. How many properties have you been to where the agent knows nothing about it, never even been there? Me many. Nobody negotiates better then themselves. Heck just this past may for my personal house, ASK was 625k, I said it needs work offer 475k, agent told me I am crazy, no way. I said make the offer. Turns out I got it for 515k!. The also seem to all have the same line, " highest and best, multiple offers. I have heard this for years and years, even when a property has been on the market for 6 months. Now regarding my RE business. NEVER used and agent and have done 100s and 100s and 100s of deals in the Cleveland markets, NOT trying to get realtors upset, but I express my experiences. I know there will be backlash, but hey this is why we have forums :)  

  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Bob S.:
    Quote from @Vashist D.:

    I’m trying to become an agent in the future because of my leverage from knowledge and pure passion for the industry. I keep talking to people like my family and friends about becoming a top producer, but I keep hearing the same comments. Technology in the next 10-50 years will make real estate jobs and agents useless. So would it be worth it to listen to them or take the chance and go for it. None of them actually know much about real estate agents and the industry, so I came to bigger pockets for actual advice. Would it be worth it to work to become a top producing real estate agent or lead a company/business, or just get a degree then job that pays decent-good and invest. I don’t want to live paycheck to paycheck, so what should I do to get into real estate and make good money early? I just want the reassurance that I’m not making a mistake by not going to traditional college and instead takin a more passionate route.


     I have been saying it for years, they provide no value. How many properties have you been to where the agent knows nothing about it, never even been there? Me many. Nobody negotiates better then themselves. Heck just this past may for my personal house, ASK was 625k, I said it needs work offer 475k, agent told me I am crazy, no way. I said make the offer. Turns out I got it for 515k!. The also seem to all have the same line, " highest and best, multiple offers. I have heard this for years and years, even when a property has been on the market for 6 months. Now regarding my RE business. NEVER used and agent and have done 100s and 100s and 100s of deals in the Cleveland markets, NOT trying to get realtors upset, but I express my experiences. I know there will be backlash, but hey this is why we have forums :)  

    Is it worth it then? Or are other jobs in real estate more rewarding for the work I put in? Im going all out after high school so I just want to make sure the work isn't for nothing? Loan officer are good but agents have been most prevalent so far to me. 
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    The retail ones are going broke. If you are a realtor and are relying on 3% commissions you will work forever, the ones who are buying real estate, wholesaling, and managing properties are going to win in this environment 

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 150 posts · 107 votes
    3y

    Multiple streams of income is a goal to strive for. My first hand experience as an investor as served me well as an agent, my experience in the hospitality industry has served me well as a host. When getting into real estate it’s easy to get caught up in what the influencers are preaching. Learn and understand what investors are looking for, speak to conventional and collateral based lenders and start analyzing deals. There will always be demand for good realtors, not everyone out there is experienced investors and will need help finding great deals and understanding the process! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Metro-Detroit Michigan · Member since 2021 · 32 posts · 19 votes
    3y

    @Vashist Dhanani I was in a similar situation. Last spring I was a senior about to graduate college but I was dedicated to making real estate my real career. I love everything about real estate and how quickly you can scale if you are dedicated to it. So I took the class online and got my license at the same time of finishing up my degree. I took an online course that was self-paced and it worked out great for me.

    I would highly suggest getting your real estate license if your even the tiniest bit interested. The cost is relatively low. I got mine for just over $1000 but that include the class, all fees that were due to my board, testing fees, office dues for the first month, etc. $1000 may seem like a lot but if you consider that you practically only have to sell one house at $100,000 to make your initial investment back it is a really entry price for a career. (assuming it’s a 3% commission rate and you split it 50/50 with your broker)

    I would recommend finding another place to either work or go to school because the first couple of months/years will be tough to make money as it is all about creating a name for yourself.

    I would be happy to talk more with you about if you’d like. Just send me a message and we can go into further detail!

    Best of luck!

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Vashist Dhanani

    Getting your real estate license is not difficult. A few classes and take the test. Depending on the state there are a number of continuing education hours needed each year.

    Finding an agent who understands investing is difficult. It’s a completely different way at looking at property. Most investors look beyond what the property is and envision what it could be. Most agents want the fixed up house for an easy sale or listing.

    If I was going to start over and wanted to go to college I would get a financial degree. It will assist you with large commercial projects and a better understanding of finance. I’ve seen finance majors work for large commercial lenders and understand what and how investors think and can see first hand the creativity of putting a deal together. They then go on there own. Those types of people are the wealthy. It’s hard work either way.

    If you talk to investors we all come from different walks of life. There is no one path. Being able to know a deal is intuitive, some have it some don’t.

    Pick your own path. You can look at how other people became successful and follow that path, but you will never follow their path 100%. You’ll take the things you like and the things you don’t and create your own path.

  • NJ (nj) · Member since 2022 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @William Patsalis:

    @Vashist Dhanani I was in a similar situation. Last spring I was a senior about to graduate college but I was dedicated to making real estate my real career. I love everything about real estate and how quickly you can scale if you are dedicated to it. So I took the class online and got my license at the same time of finishing up my degree. I took an online course that was self-paced and it worked out great for me.

    I would highly suggest getting your real estate license if your even the tiniest bit interested. The cost is relatively low. I got mine for just over $1000 but that include the class, all fees that were due to my board, testing fees, office dues for the first month, etc. $1000 may seem like a lot but if you consider that you practically only have to sell one house at $100,000 to make your initial investment back it is a really entry price for a career. (assuming it’s a 3% commission rate and you split it 50/50 with your broker)

    I would recommend finding another place to either work or go to school because the first couple of months/years will be tough to make money as it is all about creating a name for yourself.

    I would be happy to talk more with you about if you’d like. Just send me a message and we can go into further detail!

    Best of luck!


     Exactly what I was planning on doing, and the great part is that because I am young and eager to work many mentors are willing to guide me. I already connected with someone from the same state who was willing to bring me up as an agent. I can also finish an online bachelors degree in less than 6-8 months while getting my license. My only concern would to find another job which pays decent as I start out as an agent. My biggest concern is if the whole agent thing takes a turn because of the market, then what would I do to become wealthy. The best part is I can sell In NY which makes a lot of commission and live cheaper in upper nj and invest in cheaper areas like Philly. And the more doors I have the more cash flow.   

  • Jon KellyPro Member
    Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2016 · 929 posts · 951 votes
    3y

    The world might end in 10-50 years, so should you even both getting a job and trying to live a good life? 

    Kind of crazy if you let a few people deter you from something you're passionate about because of what COULD happen in 10-50 years... 

  • South Holland, IL · Member since 2017 · 374 posts · 432 votes
    3y

    @Vashist Dhanani

    Average income for a Realtor is $45K per year. You have very little control over those numbers. Yes the typical “work harder”, “join a great brokerage” all sound good. But the Pareto principal exists for a reason. Unfortunately in America, EVERYONE believes they are the 20% exception until year 2 of being a Realtor, making scraps and the bills are due (they don’t tell you about the countless licensed Realtors that stop practicing every year). And realtor training and continuing education PREYS on that naïveté as capitalists are supposed to. It is not a career I would bet on for financial success unless I had a solid connection of inheriting high net worth clientele. My advice. Work a solid 9-5, save money and invest in rentals. At least the 9-5 paycheck is steady.

  • Real Estate Broker · DC MD, VA & NV · Member since 2014 · 512 posts · 292 votes
    3y

    Get your real estate license but continue with your education and go to college. It will make you a more credible filter, temperature, and well grounded person!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.