Denver Real Estate Agent Recommendation

Denver Real Estate Agent Recommendation

House Hacking Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 411 posts · 396 votes

Good Afternoon All,

I just moved to Arvada, CO and looking to purchase property for long term (2+ years) live and flip/ house hack. Preferably home with walkout basement. I know that is rare to find in this market but looking to deadbolt stairs separating upstairs from downstairs and updating basement with kitchen/bath/bed/etc.

I currently have a few rentals in Omaha, NE and looking to expand my portfolio to the Denver market..

Does anyone have any recommended real estate agents in this market that could assist me with this?

Thank you in advance for your responses and guidance and keep on crushing it!!!!

Ben

3Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 103 posts · 31 votes
7y
@Ben Einspahr @Mike Wilkinson focuses on placing people into house hacks. He would be a great resource
See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris LopezPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 858 votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr Finding a home in Arvada with a walkout basement, shouldn't be too hard to find. There are fewer out there, but they are out there. 

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 102 posts · 48 votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr I would love to pick your brain about Omaha!  And welcome to Arvada!  I live here too :)  We should meet up for coffee!

  • House Hacking Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 411 posts · 396 votes
    7y

    @Chris Lopez, Thank you for the quick responce and PM'ing me with more info! I will shoot you a response directly back to that message.

  • House Hacking Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 411 posts · 396 votes
    7y

    @Julie Hill Yes! The Omaha market is an excellent place to invest. Very affordable and great investor community. If you would like contact info of people I know there, I would be glad to shoot them over to you. I typically go to the BadAss Real Estate investors monthly meetup at Blue Moon Brewery. Hope to see you there and we can discuss real estate and the Omaha market.

  • James CarlsonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr

    Awesome idea. A friend and I are about to do a class next week on buying with a basement apartment for Airbnb and short-term rentals. We have a number of clients doing it, and if you're open to cleaning every few days, the money is great. The key is finding the right property.

  • House Hacking Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 411 posts · 396 votes
    7y

    Hi @James Carlson. hank you for the quick responce and PM'ing me with more info! I will shoot you a response directly back to that message. Very interested in learning more about the Airbnb laws in Denver. Did it for a short time in Omaha a few years back.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 103 posts · 31 votes
    7y
    @Ben Einspahr @Mike Wilkinson focuses on placing people into house hacks. He would be a great resource
  • Jeff WhiteBusiness Member
    Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 278 posts · 371 votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr

    Hi Ben, I can personally vouch for both @Chris Lopez and @Charles Roberts since I used them as my realtors on my last deal, both guys helped me find a terrific house hack single family house with a mother in law suite that has a separate entrance, bedrooms, bathroom, and even kitchen with plenty of space to add more bedrooms over in Northglenn.  

    The great thing about working with them is that they understand and know EXACTLY what you are looking for since they have lots of clients like me and previous ones that wanted the same thing you want, so, they can setup keyword alerts on the MLS to send you tons of properties that can find your particular criteria , "Arvada" , "walkout basement", "separate entrance", etc. It was so easy to find the properties I wanted, and multiple ones can find your criteria.

    If you need more confirmation that both Chris and Charles are fantastic, go listen to their podcast: Denver Real Estate Investing.  They constantly talk about the Denver metro market and love working with people that like house hacking since that's the easiest way to build wealth long-term using conventional financing.  

    Also, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me for more information. 

  • Jake CohenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 200 posts · 126 votes
    7y
    @Ben Einspahr Welcome to Denver. Great place to be! If you are looking to Airbnb your secondary unit I would recommend @James Carlson for his expertise on the laws in the area. If you are looking for a more traditional long term rental house hack, I bought and sold 2 properties with @Charles Roberts. He knows everything and everyone in Denver. Also great classes to check out through his company Your Castle real estate. https://yourcastle.com/investors/
  • James CarlsonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr

    @Jake Cohen ... Thanks for the kind words. We certainly have helped buyers and investors of all kinds, but we do specialize in the Airbnb house-hack. 

  • Westminster, CO · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr I highly recommend @Chris Lopez as your go-to investor friendly real estate agent with first hand knowledge of house hacking. He will definitely be able to help you in your home search and purchase. His website and podcast has a wealth of information about investing in the Denver market, as well as ample info on house hacking.  Good luck!

    www.DenverInvestmentRealEstate.com

  • Real Estate Agent · Commerce CIty, CO · Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 78 votes
    7y

    @Julie Hill Count my wife and I in for that coffee date. We live and own in Commerce City.

  • Real Estate Agent · Commerce CIty, CO · Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 78 votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr When I purchased my home in Commerce City I called the first person listed on Zillow next to the house I wanted. When they didn't answer I called the next one. I told her flat out more or less that she needs to match my schedule and show me houses when I'm available. Her kids baseball game was irrelevant to me. If you have already been through the buying process before, you don't need a rock star agent because typically they claim there booked.

  • Drew FeinPro Member
    Attorney · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 207 posts · 104 votes
    7y

    @Ben Einspahr, you've received some great recommendations.  If you're looking purely to house hack, you should also consider @Dan Mackin.  He's helped a number of my clients find homes with house hacking potential. 

  • House Hacking Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 411 posts · 396 votes
    7y

    @Jeff White, Thank you for the message. I will definitely be listening to the podcast!!

    @Alex Shin,  Thank you for the recommendation!!

    @Jason Cacioppo & @Julie Hill, Great. Ill shoot you 2 a message. Lets meet up! 

    @Julie Rhodes, Thank you! I have not got to the sample info yet! I will be sure to check it out.

    If i have missed anyone i apologize! I really excited to see what Denver Market has to offer and I am even more lucky to have found a great network of people and knowledge this early on!

  • Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 83 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    Hey @Ben Einspahr. Welcome to CO! I'm also a displaced Omaha guy. I'm planning on being at the BadAss gathering 11/26. Would be great to meet up and chat. I'm looking to invest in both Omaha and Denver and would be great to get your perspective also.

    See you around.

    Andrew

  • House Hacking Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 411 posts · 396 votes
    7y

    @Andrew B. That makes 2 of us :) I will be there as well! Lets connect there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.